Chapter 1: Dom

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have posted on my profile that my work is UNEDITED. I am so sorry folks but that indeed means it is, you guessed it UNEDITED. For you all to be getting the content you want as fast as you want, I'm sorry, there will be errors. I have been fixing some, but from here on, every comment correcting my work will be ignored. Please enjoy my book, I hope you come back to enjoy more! :)

----------------------------------------------------

Today I my first day working another job, I got a call from an assistant telling me that a hotel owner was scammed in some work, and the building is definitely not up to code. I specialize in everything, I gladly told her I would accept the job, they sent me some pictures. There is one con to this job, only one, I have to go back home. It is not new for me to travel for a job, I have a house there, I can go of course for however long, but I never thought I would have to go back there again. I know I don't have to but I need a big job, I haven't had one in a while and I need the pay.

They told me I could move in; I told them that wasn't necessary, and I just got off my plane, I am supposed to meet them, see the rooms. I have a team of about ten men, I sent before me, they are already at the hotel, I thought we could do like a room at a time early afternoons off since we definitely have time, I think. But I haven't accessed the damage to each room so I don't know. After I see the rooms, I can either go home, or stay in their room they offered I don't know what to do but before I know it my cab is in front of a huge hotel.

I am 26 years old, and a contractor, I have a second in command I am training to take other small jobs for me. This job is one they will buy the materials for to get ready while training. I came out of high school knowing what I wanted to do, and I went for it, I found a mentor and learned from them and flew with it. I am built, and when I say built, I mean that, my body and health has definitely benefited from taking big jobs like I do. The bigger the better I don't stop until I make my employer happy.

I take in the front of a modern looking hotel, my hometown is more like a city, I never looked back when I left for many reasons. He was the reason I left, my first boyfriend, and I'll never forget him, but I have gotten over it. I think he's better off and doing big things, I swing open the door and am met with a red-haired woman, hair curly, she smiles and her cheeks show a slight blush as she holds out her hand.

"Dominick, right?" She asks and I nod taking her hand.

"Yes ma'am." I answer her.

"You call me ma'am again I can't promise I won't slap you. I'm Camille, I think I actually went to school with you. I am Mr. Archer's assistant follow me." She starts walking and stops at the front desk. "I am sure you'll want to get out of here quickly, since your flight was also today." She picks up a tablet and continues walking. She is wearing all red a pencil skirt and black heels, they look painful to walk in.

The lobby looks elegant chandeliers everywhere, a hallway leading to what I'm sure is the bar/restaurant area. This place has to be a five-star hotel one that I would definitely visit. A long desk leading from where she is standing in front of to the left hitting the other wall. The desk made into several cubicle-like desks for the hotel receptionists to work at.

"You hired me. Whatever you need me to do I'm here." I tell her as we walk into an elevator. The elevator wall is a window where you can see the pool, and another bar area, gorgeous lights placed evenly around the pavement.

"Mr. Archer is glad you are here and is waiting in one of the hotel rooms that need work." She speaks tapping away on her tablet. She finally looks up and looks me over. "You really don't remember me?" She asks.

"Can't say that I do." I answer and she smirks.

"It may be better that way." She mutters. I shrug not knowing what she means but not wanting to press. "I haven't told you the whole story and you haven't had any contact with Mr. Archer but this hotel was supposed to open three months ago and it did. It unfortunately couldn't stay that way; several hotel rooms were out of code a completely unknown pattern a few select hotel rooms built wrong." She speaks and the elevator dings open and we walk out into a long hallway with lights along the walls, the walls an elegant brown color.