Chapter 4: Dom

I took a nap and my guys invited me to swim. They've been drinking beer and offered me one, I don't think I can I am still fighting with myself knowing I am working for my ex-boyfriend. My ex-boyfriend that I thought I would marry, until he left me on my front porch on his way to God knows where.

"Dom." Jason calls and I look up from the water seeing him coming over. He leans against the side of the pool and sighs. "I know you; I know you enough to know you are dealing with something right now." He whispers.

"I am fine Jason." I shake my head; he scoffs shaking his head a small smirk on his face.

"I know you are fine. I am saying that I know that whatever you are dealing with didn't happen until you got here. If you need to talk about it just know I am here." He nods and I do too.

"You're serious?" I question.

"Of course, we are here with just us for the next eight weeks. I know this is your hometown, but you also told me you moved away with no intention of coming back. Talk." He orders and I sigh.

"My ex-boyfriend." I start and he nods. "Is this Mr. Archer." I tell him and he starts laughing.

"Wow you get around." He laughs and I sigh.

"I got around in Boston not here. When he left me I left the week after." I tell him and he sighs.

"He was your one." he arches a brow question in his eyes, I find myself nodding. "If he was, what happened?" He asks and I scoff.

"He had a girlfriend the entire time." I say and he winces. "I knew the whole time that wasn't the sting. What was, was when he left me for real for her." I tell him.

"Well listen I am just going to tell you this. If you want him go for it, if not do what you can to stay together." He says and I nod.

"That's the plan." I nod and he starts swimming away.

"You're okay boss." He says and I chuckle. The guys start playing with a football and I hear some rustling, like leaves. I turn around and don't see anything, maybe it was just the water. I turn around and I hear it again, I whip my head around and see some of the branches moving in some of the trees off to the side.

I pull myself out of the pool and walk over to the lounge chair and pick up my towel, I wrap it around my waist and I follow the noise. I follow the path, and see what looks like a hot tub, above ground and I keep walking seeing the path divert into another area. I hear a cough and then I turn the corner seeing him standing beside the hot tub. He looks up at me and crosses his arms matching my gaze.

"Sorry, I just heard some noise." I say and he nods.

"The plug was in the bushes under the tree for that." he points to the hot tub.

"Okay I'm sorry." I say once again.

"Don't be." He speaks then steps into the hot tub. "I've missed you." he whispers, I see he's watching me in the hot tub.

"I don't know what to say to that Felix." I say crossing my arms.

"Please." he whispers. For some reason that makes my heart melt just a little. I sigh shaking my head at myself. I take the towel off and I climb into the hot tub sitting across from him putting a good bit of space between us.

"So, what do you want me to do catch up like old friends?" I ask, and he sighs.

"I don't know Dom." He speaks in hushed tones. I close my eyes leaning back against the hot tub trying to relax, I feel his gaze on me but there's not much I can do about it I might as well get used to it. "Where did you go?" He asks and I keep my eyes closed.