Chapter 17:

A few weeks later...

I started working at the hotel again, I couldn't stand waiting for another project so I figured I would help out with the last few things that we had left. Felix has been staying with me and we haven't moved back into the hotel which has been so nice because we can sleep in our own bed. Felix has cut down his hours drastically I think that has something to do with him making himself work longer so he didn't have to go home to Ava but I could be wrong. Things could be slowing because we are getting finished and the building will be up to code and they can reopen.

Things have been great between us; it's been nice to have someone to talk to other than myself. I love getting to know Felix and I don't mean big things I mean things like how he likes his bacon cooked, how he sometimes talks in his sleep, he likes glasses more than contacts because he doesn't like touching his eyeball. I like knowing everything about him, and I love him, and I feel the love when I walk through the door everyday even when I walk through the door stinky, dirty, and sweaty.

I drive myself home, he offered to come pick me up but I thought that was pointless since we go in at different times. He is still my boss which means I go in before him to get to work on his hotel so he can open by a certain date, meaning he still has regular business hours because it is my job for him to not worry about that the hotel being finished. At least that's how I've looked at it with every job I've ever taken, my second in command Jason thanked me for trusting him for a couple days with the work and when I came back, I was impressed.

I walk through the front door really late because I was finishing working because we have three days left until we are scheduled to be done. Me and a couple guys stayed working on things to help us along faster. I hear nothing the house dark which is to be expected for two in the morning, I start walking up the stairs taking my shirt off but I see candles on a couple of the steps. I look behind me seeing some more from the steps I just walked up.

"Felix?" I question, but hear nothing, I keep walking further up and a couple steps up roses start lining the steps. I am confused but I know that it could have only been Felix I get to the top step and to the side there is a poster board.

The past few weeks I have been living with you....

I walk further seeing a sign on the wall under my old football pictures.

I have been wanting to ask one question....

I walk further to my bedroom door.

Only one...

The bedroom door is closed and I open it seeing him standing in front of me in a suit, candles on the floor in a circle and I feel my heart jump in my chest. He smiles at me blushing just a little before he kneels in front of me pulling out a red velvet box.

"Will you marry me?" He asks, and I feel tears in my eyes, actual tears. I chuckle looking down at him my heart beating twice as fast in my chest.

"You're serious?" I ask a big smile on my face so big that it hurts. He smiles back at me this goofy smile and he nods. "Then fuck yes." I answer and he stands up, I look down into the box and see a silver ring with tiny diamonds on it and I feel his lips meet mine.

"I didn't think you would say that." He pulls away, and I scoff laughing.

"What did you think I was going to say?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I thought you would prefer to ask." He gets out before I grab him kissing him hard. I deepen it and he moan my dick responds to that noise instantly and I feel him put the ring on my finger.