𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭

...

    AS SHE SIPS THE WHISKEY IN HER GLASS Elizabeth listens to the two Shelby boys chatter on all about their childhood together, and every once in a while chiming in. So many happy memories were brought up, even some the girl managed to let slip her mind. It was nice to feel remembered. She always thought that after her departure the Shelby boys' memories of her and her family would eventually just fade away into nothing, yet here she sits in front of them 11 years later proving her to be quite wrong.

    Over the hour or so, although talking to Arthur and John, her eyes couldn't help but wonder towards the corner of the room every once in a while to where the middle Shelby brother sat in silence. Not once were her hazel eyes met with his looking back like they were when he first walked into the pub, and each time it was like a small hole being blown into her heart. The once love of her life, now won't even acknowledge her presence. But maybe that's what you get for being away for over a decade with not as much as a letter.

    "Now how is the Mum?", Arthur asks as he leans back in his seat, "Miss that lovely lady, is she still a doll?"

    "She uh..", Elizabeth trails off as she clears her throat, "I guess to put it the easy way, she's umm in the loony bin."

    Her Mother being put in an insane asylum was something she never talked about. Come to think of it, she hasn't ever said it out loud. Although it wasn't her doing or choice by any means, she still felt as if it was somehow. And by saying it out loud it could only make it true.

    "The madhouse eh", John says with his eyes wide.

    "Oh I'm sorry love", Arthur says, "I guess we all go mad eventually."

    She gives a small nod as she takes a sip of her drink, the golden liquid slightly burning the back of her throat. An almost magnetic force catches her attention, and by nature her eyes move towards the corner. This time she is met with the blue eyes looking back, this being only the second time acknowledging her presence over the hour or so. Although his eyes only stayed in her view for a second or two, it was all she really needed to decode the message he was giving her. There were no words, not even facial expressions, yet through his eyes she could tell he was giving his condolences.

Though thick and thin Miss. Alder and Mr. Shelby have been, all before the mere age of 18. From love and lust to anger and despair. From being completely inseparable to wanting nothing to do with each other. The two were a rollercoaster to follow, yet they always ended back in the middle, much like everyone knew they would. Through such, reading the eyes became something that the two became experts at, especially with one another. When there was refusal to speak between the two, their eyes were able to do all the speaking they needed and more. Sometimes she felt she didn't even need the boy to speak at all, as she could already know what he was thinking. But today she realized that her Tommy not speaking to her was something far worse than she could image.

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚  ▻ 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘴 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺 [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara