𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴

...

AT FIVE TO NINE on the day of the races a knock on the Alder door echoes through the home, Elizabeth just finished dolling herself up. To say the girl wasn't excited would be a lie. William had brought her to many fancy outings where she had met many important people, but never has he brought her to something like the races.

Elizabeth opens the door to see Arthur standing standing there; His peaky cap rested on his head, fitted in a sharp new suit, and smile on his face. "You're early", she says.

     "If you're not five minutes early you're late", a second voice says from behind the vehicle parked out front, "Or so I've been told."

     "Liz you look stunning", Arthur smiles and the girl returns one back, although the thought of who was on the other side of the vehicle brought the opposite of a smile for her.

     "I always knew you would grow to be nothing less than a beautiful woman", Arthur continues and the Alder girl's cheeks become flushed with a dusty rose hue, "Just look at ya!"

     "Go on", Thomas says as he walks up behind his brother and rests a hand on his shoulder, "I've got it from here."

As Thomas finally looks up, it was as if he and his brother were standing in front of an angel. His golden haired girl stand in the doorway, the morning light bathing her with a radiating warm glow. The satin of the emerald green dress that hugs every curve of her body perfectly simmers in the light, only further making it seem as if the girl herself was glowing. Thomas Shelby could feel his chest begin to tighten and his hands begin to calm up as he continues to bask in the radiance of his golden haired girl.

     As the middle Shelby brother continues to keep his eyes locked on the girl in front of them, Arthur gives the blonde one last look before turning his back and walking past the vehicle and down Watery Lane.

"That's my date you know", Elizabeth stands with her arms crossed; the man snapping out of what seemed to be a trance, "And without him I don't go to the races."

     "I swear I was the one who asked for your company at the races", Thomas says he takes a drag of his cigarette in hand in hopes to calm his growing nerves, "Not my brother."

"The poor man didn't have a date Thomas", Elizabeth says, "And with you apparently having two I figured I could offer my company. I assumed you'd make it out alright with just one date, barmaids can be good company I hear."

     "Now who said I was going to the races with a barmaid?", Thomas asks as he is eager to hear what the girl has to say.

     "She told me herself", Elizabeth answers, with her arms still crossed.