𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤. 𝘔𝘳. 𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

...

     THINGS CAN NEVER STAY TOO GOOD FOR TOO LONG, or at least that's how it always seems to be. Although annoying, it's a way for life to remind you to cherish what you have and the moments that you live, fore you don't know when your next reckoning may be. A way of humbling, one may describe it as, a cruel and endless cycle of humbling.

    It was something that Elizabeth should have seen coming, yet she kept herself too optimistic and naïve. The idea that her past wouldn't come around to catch her was a silly thought. Silly to think her life in Small Heath would never come back in any way, yet also silly to think her new life in Dartford would not effect anything either.

    The past night was a sleep that was surprisingly peaceful and restful despite her prior absence with the Inspector. Yet as she slept, unknown to her, her childhood love and soon to be husband stood eye-to-eye in the pub in which she grew up in. Something maybe not even the best psychic in town could have predicted, that is, if one believes in such things.

    As the next morning came, a knock on the Alder home door echoes through the hallways. On the other side of the door stood Thomas with his usual cigarette in hand. To tell her about his encounter with her fiancé was due, but when was the question at hand. Just two nights ago, on the night of the licence celebration, the Shelby man seemingly made up his mind about his golden haired girl. The yes to his question was all he needed to hear from her for him to be able to be confident in his next moves.

     After leaving the pub that night Thomas met with the barmaid for a discussion. With the yes from his golden haired girl, all that was discussed was business and nothing more between he and the barmaid Grace; She was to work for the family officially by contract. If his golden haired girl had said no, he would have chosen to peruse the barmaid, but as always the Alder girl managed to keep him strung on her lead. But with Mr. Flander in town, Thomas knew his plans could change in a heartbeat.

"You've been invited to a wedding", Thomas says and Elizabeth stands in her doorway in silence and confusion.

"W-whose wedding?", she asks with a clearly puzzled look on her face.

"John's", he replies.

To his response Elizabeth lets out a gasp, "That bastard said he called it off", she says and the man could see the girl in front of him get more flustered with every passing millisecond, "He told me about what you said and what that Lizzie Stark said and what her sister and cousin said. I can't believe he would— where is he, I'm not letting him—", "Not to Lizzie Stark", Thomas cuts her off verbally and literally as she was trying to push past him to do god knows what if she found poor John boy.

The girl stops in her tracks and looks at the man, again with confusion. "Then who?", she asks. It was only yesterday she was told about the calling off of the wedding with Lizzie Stark, it was awful fast for John to have another woman in general, let alone to wed.