𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮. 𝘓𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦

...

     THE PHRASE EXCITING NEWS was typically used sparingly amongst the Shelby family, as one would expect when most business that is done is technically illegal. The only times Elizabeth could clearly recall someone saying 'exciting news' would be the birth of a child (aka John, Ada, and Finn). So when Thomas Shelby came knocking at her door first thing in the morning that day, as per usual, for him to say exciting news was quite bazar.

"Got some exciting news this morning if you care to join", the man says with a cigarette already burning between his fingers.

"I can't recall the last time Thomas Shelby announcing exciting news", the golden haired girl exclaims with a smile, "I would be a fool to miss it."

     "It ugh...", he trails off for a moment before clearing his throat, "It will involve Mr. Kimber."

     "You can just tell me lat—", "I told him if he goes near you our deal is over", the man cuts her off before she could protest.

     "I think you'd like to be there", he says after a moment of silence, while his heart on the other hand wanted to say 'I want you there so we can share this happy moment together'.

     Her hazel eyes move up to meet with his in search of deception of any kind. Who could blame her though; Given her last encounter with the Kimber man. And to her delight, one could say, she wasn't able to find anything of the sort behind those ocean eyes.

"What could be so exciting this early in the day?", the girl asks as she steps out of her house and closes the door behind her.

"Mr. Kimber's coming by the shop", Thomas answers as the two walk into the neighbouring Shelby home, "Come to check out the business, since we're partners and all."

The man opens the doors to the shop and holds them open for the golden haired girl to walk through first. The hustle behind the doors immediately fills the air, men chatting, papers flying, coins being thrown and counted, everything you would expect of a thriving illegal betting shop. One would almost forget that they were robbed and ransacked not that long ago.

"I'll be back", Thomas says and Elizabeth gives a slight nod before he walks away.

The relationship between the Alder girl and the Shelby boy has drastically improved since the races which was noticeable by quite literally everyone around them at this point. At first it was odd given the minimal contact they had prior, but to Polly's prediction they were bound to come around eventually; like they always did. And even after eleven years, that's exactly what they did.

     "Can you tell me what's so special about this morning?", Elizabeth asks as she walks up to Arthur who is sat at his desk.

"Morning Liz, I'd say seeing your beautiful face at the beginning of the work day causes for a special day", the eldest Shelby man smiles and the girl gives a roll of her eyes, "That Kimber man is coming to see how we run the place. Somethin' about a license or what not."