𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘋𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦

...

     A WOMAN'S INTUITION IS NEVER SOMETHING TO UNDERESTIMATE, a statement that has been proven time and time again, and a common phrase used amongst the Shelby and Alder family. Some call them gypsies, some call them witches, but at the end of the day they are all just women; Women who share a common instinctual trait that men tend to not.

     As Elizabeth sips her glass of liquid gold at the bar of The Garrison, the eyes of the barmaid Grace could be felt once every thirty seconds or so for the past five minutes in counting.

     Although used to eyes being on her, this particular pair the golden haired girl could feel were not the usual. Not the eyes of mesmerization, nor the eyes of anger or sadness. In the pit of her stomach, Elizabeth felt the eyes of being watched and analyzed by the girl behind the bar; Those type of eyes she knew well enough she could not mistaken for anything else.

     Of course over the time with her drink, every time the Alder girl would look up in response to the reoccurring gaze, Grace would manage to look away and find something else to do instead.

     As Elizabeth reaches into her coat pocket to grab some change for the peeping barmaid, the presence of someone walking up to her side catches her attention. "Drinking on the job now eh?", Thomas pokes as the barmaid quickly pours and hands him a drink.

     "Some patients require a little break afterwards", Elizabeth replies with a sarcastic sigh, "If you can imagine."

     "I can", replies with a small smile before taking a sip of his drink.

     Without hesitation the girl gently takes hold with her thumb and pointer finger the burning cigarette in the opposite hand of Thomas Shelby and brings it up to her lips. As the sweet tobacco hits her lungs, a wave of calm flows through her body. "Thank you", she smiles as she hands it back to the man who gives her a devily smirkish look as he takes it back.

Elizabeth Alder. The only girl, or person for the matter, that would have the nerve to take a burning cigarette from the lips of Thomas Shelby the Peaky Blinder. Or maybe it was the other way around, and it was he that let her. And only her.

     "Mr. Shelby", an unknown voice of a man says from the right of Thomas before he could say anything to his golden girl.

     Both Elizabeth Alder and Thomas Shelby move their eyes to the unknown man who has stood himself right next to the boss. A little close for comfort to Thomas, which told him this man meant something other than good conversation.