𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚. 𝘖𝘩, 𝘑𝘰𝘩𝘯 𝘉𝘰𝘺

...

A THREAT IS USUALLY ONE OF TWO THINGS, empty or earnest; Empty meaning the words that were said were just jumbled up without intention, while earnest meaning the words said were strategic, genuine, and intended to be followed through. And the little voice in the back of Elizabeth's head continues to tell her that the one she received the night prior was earnest.

Running on zero hours of sleep, Elizabeth chose to go about her regular day the next day: helping those who knocked on her door and visiting her regulars who needed her medical assistance but couldn't go to her. Although she rarely let her personal troubles impede on her work life, throughout her day the prior words of Mr. Campbell rang and repeated while the bruise on her neck pounding to the melody that was the beat of her heart.

    The choice to go about her regular day after the night she had endured was a hard yet easy choice for the Alder girl. Easy because for one she herself didn't know the whereabouts of the stolen goods, and second and most importantly because her mind was already made up that she would not sell out on the Shelby family. The family that welcomed her back with open arms even after what she did; her family. And hard because the repercussions of her choice, she knew, would be painful in one way or another as this wasn't her first encounter with the man.

Just a few weeks ago

As Elizabeth walked down the streets of Small Heath, the word robbery continued to cycle around and around. Having just left the Shelby home after patching up Arthur Shelby Junior, Elizabeth couldn't help but wonder; what could the man that did that much damage over speculation look like? A strong, young man who is determined to make it higher in the books? Or a well-aged man who's morals have escaped him as a result of working so long? Maybe somewhere in between.

    After the family meeting, it didn't seem as if Thomas was interested in the offer his older brother was sent with. Although it didn't seem like much of a hassle to be someone's eyes and ears, Arthur was always one to be a little too soft or generous when it came to helping and lending a hand, often times to those who don't deserve it.

As she turns the corner to head towards The Garrison, a hand his placed on her shoulder. The Alder girl spins around with caution to see who has stopped her, and she is met with an older looking gentleman who wears a long tan trench coat and black bowler hat. "Sorry ma'am", the man says as he talks the pipe out of his mouth, "I hear you are a nurse."

"I am", she replies as she holds her shoulders up to stay confident in front of this man she has never seen before.

"I was curious if you'd be able to take a look at this", the man says as he holds out his right hand which revels itself to be cut-up and bruised along the top knuckles.