𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝘈𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘛𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

...

🔴 Fair warning, mature content... if it wasn't already made obvious 🔴

...

      SILENCE IS KNOWN TO BE A KILLER, but for some - when they're with the right person of course - silence can be a language of love when words themselves fail to prevail. Silence lies in peace, and true love will always exude peace; So silence should also be known to be love.

The two so called lovebirds silently walk side by side down the dark, empty streets of Small Heath; Both back to their neighbouring homes on Watery Lane.

The sound of a match being lit sparks the only notable noise as Thomas lights a cigarette that dangles from his lips in hopes to ease some tension in his body and mind.

Like for many returned men, the war changed Thomas Shelby in ways that simply can't be explained with words. An ever-looming desire for chaos coerced through his veins, it never seeming to be fully satisfied. No bargain or deal, no matter how good or bad, scratched the itch in his brain. It was a feeling that never left the Shelby man, leaving the world around him always dulled in colour - until that night.

Fighting for his life at the pub like he did back in France in the tunnels awoken a part inside of him that hadn't been out since. The adrenaline that pumped though his veins as he grappled the man for the gun and for his life brought vivid colour back into his world with each beat of his heart.

Flashbacks from the tunnels found their way into his conscious as he fought, only adding fuel to his fire; Giving him more and more strength. So much that by the time he found himself on top of the man with the vase in his hand, all he saw was red, and the chaos did the rest until his physical human body was too tired to continue.

An unlit cigarette extends in offer to the golden haired girl who walks with her head and eyes at the ground and arms crossed in means of both staying warm under the suit jacket that was draped over her shoulders and holding her wound - pulling her out of her own thoughts.

"Thank you", she softly says as she gently accepts it with her free arm; That notably being the first word said on the walk back.

The sound of another match being lit fills the air as Thomas carefully moves the newly lit golden flame under the tobacco stick that hang from her supple lips.

As she slowly inhales the fresh cigarette, the familiar and comforting taste fills her lungs; The smoke seemingly wrapping her lungs in a warm cozy blanket.