𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝘈 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘏𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦

...

A WHITE STALLION: A symbol of wealth, success, heroism, and luck to name just a few. It came to no surprise to the golden haired girl that that was the horse Thomas Shelby had acquired. Of the things she knew the Shelby man wanted, it was those things she knew most; But doesn't every man? Desire to be wealthy. To be the best of the best in what he does. To be the hero. One could only be so lucky.

9 o'clock came quite quickly for the girl, and as requested she found herself at the stables to meet her once lover, much like she had when they were young.

     One thing Elizabeth could clearly recall about her Thomas was his love for horses. Seeing that has not changed brings a certain happiness to her heart, revealing that even something as evil as a war still can't change some things about a man.

     "You're late Mr. Shelby", Elizabeth says, knowing it's just 9 o'clock now, to the man who without a word walks up beside her.

     "You're early", Thomas replies.

     "If you're not five minutes early you're late", she says turning her head to look at him.

     "Now where'd you hear that one from huh?", Thomas asks as he blows the smoke from his cigarette into the air.

     "It's a typical saying amongst the nurses", she replies, "You'll be thankful for it when you're the one laying in the bed."

     Silence stood between the two of them, only leaving the soft sound of the wind to fill the air. Although not spoken, the two's thoughts were synced; with memories of each other in that very spot but just many year ago. So naive. So young. So in love. Never did Thomas think that his Elizabeth would be standing there with him once again. Or at least not in person. "He's beautiful", Elizabeth says breaking the air.

     Thomas walks up to the horse and puts his hand on its nose, "What's his name?", she asks as she stays put in her spot.

     "He doesn't have a name", Thomas replies as he keeps his eyes on the horse.

     "Don't tell me you brought me out here to see a nameless horse", Elizabeth exclaims, "What's a horse without a name Thomas?"

     "The one's that died out there, in France", Thomas begins, still without looking up at the girl, "They die badly. Never got used to seeing horses die, men not so much."

     Elizabeth knowing this man's love for horses can only image how it must have broken him. For her the horses never really crossed her mind. Their life, their fate, unintentionally forgotten by most as it has by her. The golden haired girl slowly walks up towards the horse, stopping beside Thomas who is staring off into the distance past the tall majestic stallion that stands in front of them.