𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

...

A DEAL IS A DEAL, no matter the circumstances. And just the same as a deal, business is business. And one can often find both business and deals coming hand in hand; So really, a deal is business and business is a deal. But image living a life where you side business with one and deal with their opponent? Or perhaps the opposite, make deal with one and make business with their enemy? And both would happen to be true for the peeping barmaid from The Garrison.

In the early hours of the next morning, as most of the town still slept, the long awaited mystery of the stolen guns became a little more clear to Inspector Campbell who sat with his bolo hat and pipe beside his reporting, undercover officer, Grace Burgess.

With a smug smile Mr. Campbell relishes in the idea of finding the guns he knows the Peaky Blinders have been hiding from him and everyone else who has come looking for them. With special contribution of the peeping barmaid who had managed to weasel her way into the Shelby family business, she offers up the location of the guns to him but not without a deal to his dismay; A deal in which he finds the guns but the Peaky Blinders, more specifically Thomas Shelby, walk away untouched and unpunished.

Although with every passing day, betraying the Shelby's became harder and harder with her heart longing for the Shelby man, with duty of her job she gave tip to the Inspector regarding the presumed location of the guns which she gained while working as their bookkeeper. A sweetheart Arthur Shelby was, Grace actually found herself finding friendship with the man, but what he also was was a talker. And the sight of the Shelby that was slowly stealing her heart, Thomas Shelby, standing with the girl that stopped his heart from being wither her own, Elizabeth Alder, in his arms in The Garrison made the choice for the blonde haired barmaid a little bit easier.

Envy of the Alder girl is what Grace Burgess felt within her. How is it that Thomas Shelby stole her heart while also carrying the heart of another. And why does it seem as if hers was the heart on the side rather than the front. Perhaps it was because compared to the golden haired Alder, she lacked in beauty? Or maybe the advantage lie in their prior relationship? Or maybe it simply came down to the man himself and a lack of heart he possessed - the barmaid ponders.

"I don't hear the shovels against the wall", Thomas speaks as the newly awoken lovers lay, unclothed from the passionate night before, in bed and in the arms of each other.

The words of her Tommy causes her to turn her head up to face him, her hazel eyes gazing up at his that somehow seem bluer as he lay beside her; The morning sun shining through the window.

"Will you help me?", he asks as he rubs along the top of the small gentle hand that is placed inside his.

"With what?", Elizabeth asks softly.