𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤. 𝘛𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘛𝘪𝘤𝘬

...

ANTICIPATION CAN'T KILL YOU, but it can sure bring you close.

After the departure of the barmaid, Elizabeth found herself staying at the pub by herself, and not just to finish her drink and cigarette. As she said to Thomas, she herself had her reasons.

The time continued to pass as the city was hallowed with no one around. Utterly quiet, awaiting Kimber and his men to bring their version of hell down on the Shelby's and the Peaky Blinders. Only Harry popping in and out every once in a while to check on the golden haired girl who refused to leave.

     As Elizabeth walk down the stairs of The Garrison (the facilities there being far nicer than the main one provided), two voices can be heard in conversation. Elizabeth stoping just before the end of the wall that hides her to listen.

"Will you go looking for her?", Harry's voice asks.

"No", Thomas Shelby says lowly as he takes a drag of his cigarette followed by a long pause, "That was a mistake", he continues, "A lapse in judgement. Manipulation. Something I'll never let happen again."

Silence fills the air as he takes another puff, "She's in the past", Thomas says with no emotion in his tone, "The past is not my concern."

Harry gives a small scoff, "What is your concern Tommy?"

Having felt eavesdropped long enough, Elizabeth continues her way down the stairs, appearing into the open area of the pub where Harry and Thomas stand at the bar in conversation, "Eliza—", Thomas stops speaking as he felt another presence enter the room, looking up to see the golden haired girl he was just about to name, elegantly appearing as if he had summoned her; Summoned his golden angel.

     A small smile spreads across her lips and in her cheeks as she acknowledges the two men at the bar, awakening the butterflies from the depths of the Shelby man's stomach.

     "So, this is how Thomas Shelby prepares for battle", she says walking towards the two, stopping a couple feet from the bar that Thomas lean on.

     "Battle", Harry chuckles.

     "What would you call it Harry?", Elizabeth asks with a raised brow and a smirk.

     Harry raises his hands in surrender at the comment, silently giving her the win.

     Thomas Shelby's ocean eyes gaze down at his pocket watch, following the ever-ticking hand as it makes its way around.

     Tick, tick.

     "One minute", he says, eyes still lowered in watch.

     Tick, tick.

     "The soldier's minute."