𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚. 𝘈 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘮?

...

    TO WATCH A FILM IS TO LIVE ANOTHER LIFE, and the ones you choose to watch reflect the life you desire most. Or at least that's what Elizabeth's Mother always said. Where one's life lacks, the brain always seeks to fulfil, and what better way to do so than through a film. That boost of serotonin and adrenaline you get when the lovers finally find each other, or when the hero avenges their Father at the end of the big fight; It all satisfies that empty void, but when it's over it only leaves you wanting more. Like the last puff a cigarette. An addiction.

     As discussed the night before, the Shelby and Alder girls sit side by side in the Penny Crush Cinema. Elizabeth watch as the man on the screen swoop his woman into his arms for a kiss, and out of the corner of her eye sees Ada furrow her brows. For what does the young Ada Shelby desire most? A kiss from her lover? Or was it simply a man who can be there to hold her?

     The details of Ada and Freddie's relationship became clear to Elizabeth earlier that day as Ada had told it all through joy and through tears. In love with her brother's best mate, or more like once best mate. Freddie Thorne has made a name for himself as a communist, which of course would be bad for business. Thomas of all people knew that to be true, which is why his younger and only sister had to sneak around through the shadows of night just to be with him.

Although still slightly worried, Elizabeth sit beside Ada with confidence that Freddie will return for her and their unborn child.

The sound of the theatre doors opening catch the attention of anyone in the room. Both Ada and Elizabeth turn their head back, and to both of their dismay see Thomas Shelby, an awfully annoyed one at that, waking towards them.

Ada let out a sigh as she had a feeling she already knew what he was gong to say. Before long Thomas sits himself down in the seat to the right of his golden haired girl, trapping her in between. A Shelby sandwich it seemed to be, and not a tasty one might she add.

"Tell me the man's name Ada", he says lowly and Elizabeth continue to stare straight at the screen, because as far as Thomas knew it had nothing to do with her.

"Rudolph Valentino", Ada replies, and not a second after the man gets up from his seat and walks towards the theatre doors.

The heads of both Ada and Elizabeth slowly turn to meet each other, as they both knew that what she had said was a lie; Fore Rudolph Valentino was the man on the screen.

As the seconds go by Ada lets out a sigh of hopeful relief, but Elizabeth knowing her ocean eyed boy knew he would be back in due time. And as if on cue, the once dark room fills with with light and the screen turns to black with the sound of a switch being turned.