𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧. 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

...

     LOVE IS A STRANGE THING. It brings arguably some of the best and also worst feelings a human being can experience with it; Happiness, joy, excitement, and lust, as well as vulnerability, nervousness, jealousy, and anger. Love can bring the best out of a person with the right person, and essentially the opposite with the wrong person. But what can a person you're pretending to love do to you? What sort of effect do they have?

     William Flander was a typical man of generational wealth and luxury. A businessman man-entrepreneur friends, family, and colleagues would say. Many others though would argue although businessman, Mr. Flander be far from entrepreneur since he came from money and success already. The man already had one foot through the door the day he was born, they would say.

     Although he often spoke of and described those lower than him as typical, he too was typical of men like him: arrogant, persuasive, analytical... the list could go on. But what those who despise people like him miss are coincidently the same exact qualities men like him also look over: kindness, giving, loving. After everything, every disagreement, every miscommunication, everyone is the same - human; someone with feelings (who feels happiness and sadness), someone who also has a family and loved ones to go home to, someone not so different from the next.

     Elizabeth Alder has always been someone that turned heads as she walked into a room. From being a cute little girl to strikingly beautiful woman, the golden haired girl often had attention on her. So it came to no surprise that when a younger William Flander walked into a random pub in Oxford that had the golden haired girl behind the counter handing out drinks, he felt some urge inside of him to strike up a conversation with her. An urge, that little voice inside his head, telling him that if he didn't speak to her, he would have regrets. And that was the beginning of Elizabeth and William Flander.

     On the night that was last night, William found his way back to the Alder home. Letting himself in, he made himself comfortable upstairs in what seemed to be his fiancé's room - waiting for her to finish up at the home next-door. And the longer he lingered around, the more thoughts similar to the ones at the Lee's spun around in his head.

     Together five years, William always saw his fiancé in the light as if she grew up as he did. Her beauty and etiquette screamed a life of wealth and luxury. Before the night of the Shelby-Lee wedding, the man practically forgot about the little snippet he knew of the golden haired girl's past: A strikingly beautiful girl who somehow got wrapped up in the wrong crowd, having to resort to prostitution and a part-time barmaid gig to stay afloat. And William remembered well, the deal he made with the gangsters out in Oxford for the golden haired girl: He was to send money and supplies each month to the men in exchange for Elizabeth Alder to be free, and if the money were to stop, they would take her back.