𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥

...

     THE CALM AFTER THE STORM is an interesting feeling. Most people only speak about the calm before the storm, but the after is arguably just as interesting. The calm that comes after tends to be a different sort of calm. One that's slightly eerie because you feel exposed, vulnerable, and embarrassed. Where you feel relieved of that weight being lifted yet somehow you still don't feel right.

     The car ride from the Kimber residence back to their homes in Small Heath was a relatively quiet one. Although the one on the way to the races was also a quiet one, the one back was obviously different. His golden haired girl who sat beside him had faint stains on her cheeks where tears previously fell, her eyes a little red and puffy, and a noticeable crease between her furrowed brows. The silence although eerie, it gave the ocean eyed boy time to think and decipher the message his golden haired girl had sent.

A knock at the Alder door echoes through the home, the golden haired girl quickly turning around as she had a good feeling she knew who it was.

"John wants us all at The Garrison", Thomas says with a cigarette dangling from his lips as soon as she appeared from the other side of the door.

"Right now?", Elizabeth asks as she rarely likes to leave the house during the day unless it's truly important, since it is where her patients can find her.

"It'll be ten minutes", the man reassures as he too can she is hesitant to leave, "Five even, it's John."

Elizabeth takes a deep breath and she grabs her coat hanging by the door, "This better be good", she says closing the door behind her, "Or else I will smack that boy up the head."

As the two walk side by side down Watery Lane, an uneasy feeling washes over the Alder girl rather abruptly causing her to stop in her tracks. Thomas too stops just a second after, looking back confused at Elizabeth who has her head turned back towards the Alder and Shelby homes with a crease between her brows.

"What?", Thomas asks with concern in his voice.

     "N- nothing", the girl replies after a brief moment of silence. The golden haired girl's stomach kept telling her something was wrong, but her thought quickly gets pushed aside by the feeling of a hand gently being placed at the bottom of her back.

"Come on", Thomas says as he gently guides her away with his hand that's rested on her back.

"So", the man says breaking the brief silence between the two, "How was your morning?"