𝙏𝙚𝙣

𝙏𝙚𝙣. 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨

...

LIKE A CIGARETTE WITHOUT A FLAME, useless the town of Small Heath was in the eyes of the Crown. A place where the sun seemed to never shine, only to be casted in a never-ending shadow. Covered in filth, where the men in the town were seen closer to wild animals than men themselves. Useless. Undesirable. Expendable. Those were only a few of the many reasons to why the act of tearing the town apart came without so much of a second thought.

     Elizabeth walk down the gloomy street of Watery Lane, presumedly towards the Shelby home. The sounds of panic and anger bounce off the stone walls, coming from the people of Small Heath. Shops and homes just torn apart in search of what Elizabeth can only assume to be the guns. That night where Thomas had admitted to her what he was hiding continued to replay in the back of her head, all throughout the rest of that night and into the present day.

As she proceeds closer to her destination, she spots a single woman trying to flip a couch from its side on the side of the road. Without another thought the golden haired girl diverges from her path of travel and walks up to the opposite side of the couch and takes hold.

"Thank you", the older woman says with a small smile.

"Of course", she replies back, "What happened?"

Elizabeth already knowing what happened, only saw more information as useful. Once she steps into the Shelby home she knows that this will be the talk of the day.

     "Some coppers came and ransacked the bloody place", she says, "Looking for something. God knows what but they clearly didn't find it. Did a good job tearing up the place though."

     "I'll send some men to help you clean up", Elizabeth says with a small smile, which is returned by the woman.

     As she reaches the door of the Shelby home she can already feel the presence of the family already inside. "Was wondering how long it'd take ya", Arthur yips at the girl the second she emerges from behind the door.

     "Don't mind me, I was just out helping the bloody people clean up this mess as you what, sit with your beer", Elizabeth retorts as she takes a stand beside her Aunt.

     "The coppers told everyone Arthur had agreed to it when he was arrested", Polly speaks, "They said the Peaky Blinders had cleared out to the fair to let them do it."

     "No one never said nothing to that copper about smashing up bloody houses!", Arthur says as he clenches the handle of his beer cup tighter in anger.

     "All right", Thomas says as he lets out a breath of sigh, "Which pubs did they do?"

     "The Guns, The Chain, The Marquis", Polly lists, "All the ones that pay you to protect them. The only one they didn't touch was The Garrison."