A New Friend

Ch.4

"Mom, you don't have to apologize, I know you wouldn't have done it if you had a choice." Percy said smiling at Hera.

Hera smiled at her adopted son. He was such a good kid despite all the terrible things that happened to him; exactly what she had always wanted in a son.

"You did well in the meeting Percy. I don't think I've seen your uncle so relieved at finding a demigod in his life. I'm happy you're getting your own palace on Olympus. It will be good to have my son around more often." Hera said warmly.

"You do know that I will still be rescuing demigods, right?" Percy asked a little nervous.

Hera nodded, "Yes but that doesn't mean you can't spend a little time on Olympus with your mother now does it?"

Percy shook his head smiling, "No, I suppose it doesn't."

Percy looked a little nervously at Hera, "Are you ever going to tell anyone that you aren't my patron but that you actually adopted me?"

"Of course I am Percy. I don't care what your father says. You're just as much my son as his now; but you've just returned, at least to almost everyone on Olympus, I think a little time to let your return settle in will be best." Hera said smiling at her son.

"What about Uncle Zeus? What if he gets angry?" Percy asked curiously.

Hera laughed, "And what will he say? He has had hundreds of demigods with other woman. I think I am more than justified to adopt a son."

Percy grinned, "Good."

"So, do you want to tell me why you lied to Apollo about your archery competition with Artemis?" Hera asked with an eyebrow raised.

Percy gaped, "How did you know?"

Hera laughed, "I might not be able to read your mind anymore but I can still tell when you lie."

Percy scowled playfully at her, "I don't know. Apollo is just so annoying. He never would have let her live it down."

Hera nodded, "I figured. You saved everyone the headache of listening to Apollo tease her for the next few centuries."

Percy nodded, and then he smiled, "I must say it was nice to see my Dad again. I have missed him a lot."

Hera nodded, "I know you're cautious Percy, but I know you miss your cousins Nico and Thalia. Maybe it would be good for you to see them sometime. I know Thalia hasn't been the same since you vanished. She keeps the hunt looking for you no matter what. And Nico still searches for you by himself."

Percy frowned, "I do miss them a lot. Maybe you're right. I think I will talk to Artemis and Hades about seeing them again. I just hope they won't tell anyone else."

Hera smiled, "I am sure they will understand your reasons. You can start with Artemis. I believe she is listening to our conversation right now." Hera said before she flicked her finger and the throne room door opened revealing a wide-eyed Artemis.

Hera laughed before she kissed Percy on the cheek and vanished in a flash of light.

Percy looked at Artemis nervously. Artemis walked over to Percy with a glare, "So you didn't cheat? Mind telling me how your archery got so good? I think you were one of the worst archers in the history of Camp Half Blood if I recall."

Percy looked at Artemis incredulously, "Seriously? You don't think I noticed that you blessed me when you made me immortal?"

Artemis' eyes widened, "How did you know?"