New Family

Ch.14

"Percy my boy, is that you?" Chiron asked.

Percy took a deep breath and turned to look at the person who helped shape him into the man he was today.

"Hey Chiron, long time no see." Percy said a little awkwardly causing Thalia and Phoebe to snicker.

Before Percy could react, he was crushed in a hug by the old centaur.

"You have no idea how much we've missed you." Chiron said as he tried to hold back tears at the sight of the greatest demigod he had ever trained.

Percy nodded sadly, "I know Chiron, I'm sorry. I had to deal with some stuff but I'm finally ready to move past it."

Chiron smiled and nodded in understanding.

Percy turned to look at the Greek demigods who were staring at him with wide eyes. Percy was a little nervous; something Chiron picked up on.

"There will be a meeting for all cabin leaders in the big house in twenty minutes. Until then, resume introducing yourselves to your Roman siblings." Chiron announced loudly.

Percy smiled gratefully at Chiron.

"You'll join us in the big house right?" Chiron asked hopefully.

Percy nodded, earning a big smile from his mentor. Chiron turned and galloped over to Lupa who was trying to watch over the interactions between the Romans and Greeks.

Percy turned to Thalia, "You'll be coming too right?"

"I am the cabin leader of the Artemis cabin Kelp Head." Thalia answered matter-of-factly.

Percy rolled his eyes as he saw Chloe hiding behind a few of the older hunters at the sight of so many male demigods in one place. Percy walked over and snatched her up, earning a big smile from the little huntress.

"There's nothing to worry about Chloe. I won't let anyone mess with you, ever." Percy whispered quietly to her.

Chloe's smile grew before she planted a childish kiss on Percy's cheek.

"You want to come with me to the meeting in the big house? I can introduce you to some of my friends." Percy asked smiling.

Chloe nodded happily. Percy sent a smile to Thalia before walking towards the big house.

"Percy, why does everyone seem so surprised to see you?" Chloe asked curiously.

Percy wasn't quite sure how to answer her question but decided the truth would be the best way to explain everything.

"I spent four years here at this camp before there was a war." Percy started before Chloe interrupted him.

"The war where you were the hero? When you freed Lady Artemis' mother as part of your wish instead of becoming a god?" Chloe asked, surprising Percy.

"How do you know about that?" Percy asked.

"Lady Artemis told us the story of what happened when one of the other girls asked why she doesn't hate you like all other boys. She said there were other reasons too but I remember her mentioning what you did for her." Chloe answered.

Percy smiled, "Yes that war. Well some bad things happened during that war that made me leave for a while so I could figure some stuff out."

"What things?" Chloe asked innocently.

Percy sighed, "There was a girl who I thought I liked a lot. I thought she liked me too but it was all a lie. She was a traitor the whole time and then tried to kill me at the end of the war. Thalia saved my life."