Greeks and Romans

Ch.13

Just as the kiss started to heat up, someone cleared their throat, "I hope I'm not interrupting something."

Percy froze in the middle of the kiss. He opened his eyes to see Artemis' eyes wide and a look of panic on her face. Percy took a breath and peeked behind Artemis' frozen form to see someone that sent a wave of relief into his heart.

"Umm.....Hi Mom." Percy said awkwardly.

At Percy's words Artemis rolled off his lap and onto the couch next to him where he sat nervously, not looking up at Hera.

Both Artemis and Percy were broken from the awkward silence by soft laughter that began getting louder and louder. Hera was soon holding her stomach trying to calm her laughter down.

"Are you finding this humorous Mom?" Percy asked incredulously.

Hera looked up still laughing, "Your.... faces..... are..... hilarious." Hera managed out in between laughs.

Percy looked toward Artemis to see her looking like the weight of the world was lifted off her shoulders. Her face was relieved and she even had a small smile working its way on to her face.

Hera finally calmed herself down and her face morphed into a serious one, "But seriously, what are you two doing?"

Artemis' smile vanished and Percy knew she wasn't going to answer.

"We were doing exactly what it looked like Mom. I care for Artemis a lot. She feels the same way and now we are.... ah... dating, I guess you can say." Percy answered confidently.

Hera looked at Percy before her eyes shifted to Artemis. Artemis nodded her head in agreement to Percy's statement.

Hera remained emotionless before her face morphed into a wide grin, "That's wonderful." She exclaimed happily.

Artemis eyes widened, "You're okay with it?"

Hera looked at her incredulously, "Of course I am. I was hoping Percy would find someone. I couldn't ask for a girl more perfect for my little boy."

Percy scowled, "I am not a little boy mother."

Hera rolled her eyes, "I know you're not. But you are my little boy. And who better for my son than the one woman I know will never break his heart." She said in a very pleased tone.

Artemis smiled at Hera's words. She looked at Percy to see his face red but he was also smiling. Artemis reached over and grabbed his hand, making Percy's smile grow.

Hera looked at their intertwined hands and smiled, "I'm guessing this is going to be a secret for a while, correct?"

Percy looked at his Mom and nodded, "Yes, at least until after the war. Then we can deal with everyone's reaction."

Hera smiled, "Am I the only one who knows?"

Artemis nodded but Percy shook his head. Artemis looked at Percy questioningly, "Who did you tell?" She asked with a hint of anger in her voice.

Percy paled a little but smiled, "I didn't tell anyone. Hestia just knew. Don't tell me how but she just did."

Artemis' eyes widened before she shrugged, "She does always seem to find things out before anyone else. I trust her to not tell anyone until we're ready."

Percy nodded and smiled before his smile vanished and he turned to his mother.

"Not that I'm not always happy to see you Mom, but what the fuck were you doing here in Artemis' palace anyway?" Percy asked.