Start of War

Ch. 30

Percy woke up to find a familiar mess of auburn hair spread out over his chest and couldn't help but smile. The sound of someone clearing their throat though wiped that smile clear off his face.

Percy peeked over the top of Artemis and saw Jason and Piper trying to keep their laughter contained.

"I guess you two have a death wish." Artemis growled from the top of Percy's chest.

Jason immediately turned pale white, "Sorry Lady Artemis but Aether had asked me to get Percy and report back to his palace as soon as possible."

Artemis groaned in annoyance but didn't reply.

"I'll meet you outside in fifteen minutes bro. Go grab Luke and Clarisse and I'll be ready by the time you get back." Percy said chuckling.

Jason nodded and dragged Piper away as quick as he could.

Percy looked down at Artemis apologetically, "I'm sorry but I need to go."

Artemis pouted a bit before cuddling up closer to Percy with her face buried into his neck, "Fine but you better come back soon and not with bad news."

Percy sighed, "I can't promise you that. I doubt Aether would be so urgent if it was anything but bad news."

"Whatever it is, you better let me know first. You're not going off and getting hurt by yourself. Wherever you need to go, the hunters will be joining you." Artemis demanded.

Percy wrapped his arms around her, "Alright, I can deal with that. I'm sure I'll need to inform the council of whatever it is anyway. We can figure it out then."

Artemis looked up at him and smiled before she leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"I will go inform the hunters that they need to be ready to move. Not that they wouldn't jump at the opportunity to get out of camp as soon as they can." Artemis said as she pulled back. She leaned forward and kissed him again before disappearing in a flash of silver light from the bed.

Percy smiled and flashed himself over to his palace to put on normal clothes. As he dressed he saw the armor he got from his mother in the corner of the room. He smiled and put it on, planning to have Hemera adjust the colors but leaving the symbols of his parents and patron on it.

After meeting Jason, Clarisse and Luke; the four immortal demigods teleported to the palace of Aether and Hemera in the White City. Both primordial deities were waiting on their thrones for their arrival.

"Jason, I told you to grab him quickly." Aether said annoyed from his throne. Hemera snapped her fingers turning Percy's armor pure white and earning a smile from the young demigod.

"That was my fault Aether; I'm not really a morning person." Percy answered quickly before Jason could speak.

Aether rolled his eyes, "Well we have a problem. There is an army of monsters marching toward each of the demigod camps. It seems father is rather determined to wipe out the demigods as best he can before he makes his move on Olympus."

"What are your orders? I assume we must defend both camps." Jason asked.

Aether nodded, "I think it would be best if each of you takes a general and a battalion to each camp. I want Jason and Clarisse at Camp Half Blood and Percy and Luke at Camp Jupiter."

Jason looked surprised, "Aether, shouldn't I go to Camp Jupiter; that was my home."

Aether shook his head, "No, I think it would be best to have Percy at Camp Jupiter."