Time To Party

Ch. 38

Jason and Piper caught up to Percy and the hunters as they walked. At the entrance of the throne room, Artemis told Percy and Jason to wait with her as the hunters filed in. After a minute, Artemis kissed Percy softly before she vanished in a flash of silver leaving Percy and Jason standing outside confused.

"What the Hades was that about?" Jason asked.

Percy shrugged, "I don't know but let's get this over with; I'm in desperate need to a good twelve-hour nap."

Jason chuckled and nodded as they opened the throne room doors. As they stepped into the throne room, they were met with a standing ovation from demigods, soldiers, Olympians and Primordials alike. Percy and Jason looked around as they both blushed in embarrassment. Percy sent a glare at his girlfriend who replied with a cheeky smile.

"Now that the saviors of Olympus have arrived we can begin our reward ceremony and celebration." Zeus bellowed as he looked at both Percy and Jason with pride clearly evident in his eyes.

Percy and Jason walked through the throne room as everyone watched them, the fourteen Olympians all seated in their thrones. Aether and Hemera were both smiling proudly at the two demigods from two pure white thrones at the end of the row of thrones. Unsure of what to do, Percy quickly made his way over to his usual spot by Hestia's throne. Following his lead, Jason took a seat at the foot of his father's throne.

Once he reached her throne, Hestia shrunk down to her human size and pulled her champion into a hug. As he hugged her, Percy began whispering in her ear. At first Hestia looked confused but after a minute she suddenly pulled back and led Percy out of the throne room.

"Sister?" Zeus called after her confused.

Hestia paused and looked back at Zeus, "I am sorry brother but I must speak to my champion in private. We will be back in a few minutes."

Artemis along with everyone else in the room looked at Percy confused but he avoided their questioning looks as Hestia led him outside. The throne room fell into an awkward silence after Percy and Hestia left the throne room. A general feeling of confusion settled in at what could possibly be so important that it couldn't wait until after the ceremony.

After five awkward minutes, Hestia walked back into the throne room, a warm smile on her face as Percy trailed in her wake. Zeus looked at Hestia questioningly but Hestia's smile only grew and she shook her head saying she wouldn't say what it was, at least not yet.

"Well now that Perseus and Hestia are back, we can resume our ceremony for rewarding our heroes from the war. We will begin with two fallen heroes who have returned to us with the help of Perseus and of course Lady Hemera and Lord Aether. Luke Castellan and Clarisse La Rue, please come forward." Zeus announced loudly.

Both immortal demigods stepped forward and bowed to Zeus before kneeling in front of their fathers' feet.

"Clarisse La Rue. For your bravery and leadership in the war, we the Olympian council offer to you the gift of godhood, should you want it. Should you refuse, you will have one gift from the gods as long as it is within our power to grant it." Zeus explained.

Clarisse's eyes widened, she had not expected to be offered godhood. She glance around the room until she found her boyfriend Chris Rodriguez smiling at her. He gave her a nod of encouragement.

Clarisse turned back to Zeus, "I am honored for the offer Lord Zeus but I would prefer to use my gift to grant immortality to my boyfriend Chris Rodriguez."

Zeus smiled at her request, "That is very admirable of you Clarisse. If you so choose, you may still become a goddess and I will grant Chris his immortality anyway."