The Lords Of Time

Ch. 37

Artemis nodded solemnly, "Come on Percy; let's get to the Williamsburg Bridge."

Percy nodded and slid his hand into Artemis' before she, Percy and the hunters all vanished into a silver light.

The first thing Percy noticed when he reappeared was that the majority of monsters that had left the George Washington Bridge must have come here as the number of monsters on the bridge was overwhelming.

Percy made to charge into the fight when something in the back of the army of monsters caught his eye. He pulled out his bow and fired an arrow at the figure hoping to strike unnoticed. When the arrow was only inches away, the figure's hand shot up and snatched the arrow out of midair. Golden eyes snapped in his direction as Percy locked eyes with a fully reformed Titan of Time.

A huge grin spread across Kronos' face when he and Percy locked eyes. Kronos hopped down from the chariot he had been on and slammed his scythe into the pavement. Every single monster froze before retreating back towards Kronos. The demigods and soldiers all looked confused, some even cheering thinking the army was retreating but at the sight of the grinning Titan Lord, they were quickly silenced.

"Here is the man of the hour, Perseus Jackson!" Kronos bellowed out across the now silent bridge.

Percy's eyes narrowed; Artemis grabbed his hand tightly but Percy slipped out of her grip and walked to the front of the army.

"What do you want Kronos?" Percy growled at the Titan of Time.

Kronos smirked, "Just a word with my most favored grandson of course."

Jason made his way over to Percy's side, not allowing his friend to face the King of the Titans alone. Percy noticed Jason standing beside him and gave him a slight nod of appreciation.

"Ah the not quite so great hero Jason Grace; have you come to see your beloved grandfather as well." Kronos taunted.

Jason was about to retort but Percy put a hand on his chest and shook his head.

"Tell me grandfather, how is your dearest mother doing? Sleeping peacefully I hope." Percy said back in a tone full of false confidence.

Before Kronos could retort, two bright flashes of light appeared on either side of Percy and Jason. Aether and Hemera, both in full battle armor, stood tall beside their champions.

Shadows began to gather around the Titan Lord until they solidified into the two primordial deities Erebus and Nyx.

"So here we are children; the final battle to decide the fate of this world." Nyx said smiling at her children.

Hemera glared at her mother, "Yes and today you will join our dearest auntie Gaia in a millennia long slumber."

Nyx laughed, "Don't get ahead of yourself child. I assume you think your precious Olympians will be coming to help you but you are mistaken; they are trapped inside their little throne room while we decide both their's and your fates."

Hemera's face lost a little color as she realized no help from Olympus would be coming. Aether stepped forward, "We have all the help we need, mother."

Nyx smiled at her son's confidence, "You truly think you can defeat your parents with only two pathetic demigods and the little moon goddess to help you?"

Artemis stepped forward with Zoe right behind her as they stood by the side of Hemera, both ready for the fight of their immortal lives.

Erebus grinned and snapped his fingers, creating a bubble of dark energy around the combatants. Only Jason, Percy, Artemis, Zoe, Aether and Hemera were inside the bubble while Kronos, Nyx and Erebus stood opposite them.