Let's Get The Fudge Outta Here

Ch.19

Artemis teleported from the throne room on Olympus and onto the Argo II. When she arrived, she noticed all her hunters sitting at the front of the ship, a general feeling of sadness clearly evident on their faces. As she approached her hunters, she noticed a small figure sitting on Phoebe's lap with her head buried in her shoulder. Artemis' eyes widened at the sight. Phoebe loved her sisters but the daughter of Ares had never been one for emotional moments or consoling grieving hunters. Artemis' eyes widened further when she noticed the red around Phoebe's eyes; evidence she had been crying recently. There was only one other time in Phoebe's fifteen hundred years in the hunt that Artemis had seen Phoebe cry; and that was after Zoe's death. Artemis felt a fresh wave of pain enter her heart at the thought her longtime lieutenant and best friend. The only relief came when she thought about Zoe spending eternity peacefully in the sky, away from all this war and conflict.

Artemis approached her hunters silently, taking a seat next to Phoebe, who had little Chloe on her lap as she rubbed her back soothingly.

"Can the Olympians do anything to help get Percy and Thalia out of Tartarus?" Phoebe asked as she looked at her mistress.

Artemis shook her head sadly, "Hades doesn't have any access to Tartarus so there is little anyone can do but hope Percy and Thalia can make it out."

The hunters' heads dropped at the words of their mistress.

Chloe picked her head off of Phoebe's shoulder and looked at Artemis with red eyes, "D.. D... Do you think they can make it milady?" She asked softly as she looked like she was still trying to keep her tears at bay.

Artemis gave her a small smile and nodded, "If any two people can make it then it is Percy and Thalia. Since he was twelve years old, Percy has achieved everything people said couldn't be done. I know he will not let Thalia or any of us down. It's not in Percy's nature to let people down. He's never done it before and I know he isn't about to start now. We will do our part and take control of our side of the doors and I know Percy and Thalia will be able to fight their way out and back to us." Artemis finished feeling more confident herself at the end of her words.

A little bit of light shone in Chloe's stormy grey eyes before she lay her head back down on Phoebe's shoulder.

Artemis smiled at her oldest huntress earning a little embarrassed blush followed slight glare in response. Artemis stifled a chuckle at Phoebe's embarrassment.

"I will go talk to Nico and the other members of the quest and see what they are planning. I will find out where you girls can sleep for the night." Artemis said before she turned around. She spotted Nico by himself at the controls of the ship.

Artemis made her way over to him. When Nico saw the goddess approaching he quickly composed himself and bowed. Artemis shook her head.

"You don't need to bow Nico. I know I am not usually kind to boys but you are Percy and Thalia's friend; you have earned enough of my respect to talk to me without fear." Artemis said kindly.

Nico's eyes widened but he regained his composure and nodded, "Thank you Lady Artemis."

Artemis gave him a small smile, "Do you have an estimate on how long before we reach Epirus?"

Nico nodded, "Leo believes we should reach it by tomorrow night; sometime early in the evening."

"Thank you Nico. My hunters and I will be ready for the battle we will face when we get there." Artemis replied.

Nico nodded, "There are seven rooms downstairs. I moved all the boys into my room and the girls are all in Reyna's room now. You and your hunters will have the other five to use for rest if you'd like."