The Seven

Ch.12

Percy appeared inside Camp Jupiter alone. Artemis said the hunters would be behind him once the girls had gotten their things together. Percy looked around for Reyna and Lupa for a while before making his way to the senate house. While Lupa wasn't there, he did find Reyna, Nico, Hazel and Frank along with the senate. Percy appeared in a seat next to Nico in a subtle flash of flames. Only a few people noticed. Nico looked relieved at the sight of his best friend.

"What's going on?" Percy asked curiously as he noticed the scowls on everyone's faces.

Nico frowned, "Octavian's been ranting for more than thirty minutes about how they shouldn't trust the Greeks and how the Romans should fight without the Greeks in the war."

Percy narrowed his eyes at the scrawny blonde haired boy in a toga as he listened to him go on and on.

Percy looked toward a fountain in the back of the room and smirked.

As Octavian paced in front of the senate during his rant, he turned around only to get blasted in the face with water.

"I suggest you watch your words auger." Percy said standing up.

Octavian narrowed his eyes, "Who are you? You aren't from this camp. You must be a Greek coming to spy on our senate meetings. Seize this spy immediately." Octavian yelled.

Reyna stood up to say something but Percy shook his head. Reyna looked surprised but nodded.

When a couple of Octavian's lackeys reached Percy, they suddenly froze. Percy kept them rooted in their spots by controlling the water in their blood. Percy looked up at Octavian with a murderous glare.

"So auger, are you saying that a direct order from Lord Jupiter should be ignored? I know Reyna has informed everyone of the orders from the gods. I have been sent by Lord Jupiter personally to ensure peace is kept between the Greeks and the Romans. I suggest you sit down and shut up or I will be forced to make you." Percy growled.

"We have no way to know if you speak the truth. This is probably another lie from the deceitful Greeks." Octavian spat.

Percy calmly walked up to the suddenly nervous auger. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing his SPQR tattoo.

Octavian's eyes widened, "First cohort? That's impossible, I am the centurion of the first cohort and I've never met you."

Percy smirked and snapped his fingers. Octavian's eyes widened, "You're that Blake kid from years ago. You deserted the legion you coward!" Octavian sneered.

Percy's eyes caught fire and before Octavian could react, Percy sent a hard fist into Octavian's nose. Octavian fell to the ground clutching his nose as blood poured out. Percy leaned down to Octavian, his eyes glowing brown as he stared into the terrified legacy's eyes. Percy's face contorted into an angry scowl before he grabbed Octavian by the throat and tossed him across the room

Percy turned to the stunned senate, "Romans, I apologize for my rash actions but I am here under orders from the gods to ensure peace is kept between the Greeks and Romans. This pathetic auger is trying to use the situation to gain allies and power within camp. He hopes to replace Jason Grace as Praetor of Camp Jupiter. I am sorry but I was instructed by the Olympians to do what was necessary to keep things civil and this is not the time for petty attempts to gain power. We are at war with the Primordial Goddess of the Earth and her giant children. If any of us want to survive this war, we must work together to defeat our enemies."

The senators looked stunned before a girl stood up, "Who are you exactly?"

"My name is Perseus Jackson. I am the son of both Poseidon and Neptune as well as the adopted son of Juno/Hera. I am also the champion of Lady Vesta/Hestia." Percy explained.