Epilogue

Ch. 39 The Epilogue

(Eight Months Later)

Percy rolled to the side to avoid the blade being thrust towards his chest. Sweat poured down the son of Poseidon's forehead as he rose to his feet just in time to raise Riptide to block another strike aimed at his head. Percy pushed back as he tried to get himself some room to breathe. After the third war he had thought things were going to get easier for him; a period of time to relax with his sisters in the hunt and the love of his life Artemis. If only he knew how wrong he was.

Percy raised Riptide to block another strike but spun to his left instead and raised Riptide to the back of his enemy's neck.

"Yield?" Percy asked sternly.

His opponent sighed, "Fine Percy, you win this time." The opponet growled.

Percy grinned, "And the mighty Olympian goddess falls to the lowly demigod." Percy teased.

Zoe's eyes narrowed as she spun and kicked Percy's legs out from under him. Percy landed roughly on his back, eliciting a loud groan from the immortal demigod.

Zoe's eyes shifted from irritated to amused as she held out her hand. Percy grabbed it as Zoe pulled him to his feet.

"That was cheap." Percy growled.

Zoe replied with an amused smirk, "That's what happens when you try to rub it in."

Percy rolled his eyes as he dusted himself off, "Or when you beat a poor loser." He mumbled.

"Don't you have a certain event to be getting ready for or are you going to try to stall by challenging me again?" Zoe asked with an eyebrow raised.

Percy's face paled considerably, "I do, I'm just nervous."

Zoe rolled her eyes but smiled, "Will you relax? You have nothing to worry about."

Percy nodded but his nervousness was still clearly evident as Zoe walked up and grabbed his hand, "Percy stop. You have nothing to worry about. Just go get ready."

Percy took a deep breath and nodded as he exhaled. He looked at Zoe and smiled, "Thank you Zoe."

Zoe smiled and nodded before shooing Percy away before he vanished into a flash of flames.

Line Break

Artemis stood in the middle of the hunter's camp, waiting for Percy to show up. She had no idea where he was as he lived with her and the hunters now. He had basically given his palace on Olympus to the hunters as when they were there, he lived with her. The past eight months had been the happiest of Artemis' immortal life. The love of her life was the fully immortal guardian of the hunt but in reality he was more like the co-leader along with Artemis and Zoe. The hunter's had spent the time since the end of the war chasing down the remains of the monsters from the army that fled New York.

The hunters had stay intact with the lone exception of Piper who Artemis was more than happy to release from her oath. She and Percy along with the hunters had attended the wedding of Jason and Piper only a month ago, Percy being Jason's best man. The newly wed couple lived on Olympus in a palace very close to Artemis and Percy's.

Artemis smiled as she thought of everything Percy had given up for her. He gave his godhood and a seat on the council up so she could still have her hunt while freeing her from the oath she had broken not long after being allowed to do so. He even managed to get Artemis' best friend a seat on the council in his place. There was nothing Percy wouldn't do if he thought it would make her happy, something that made her love him even more.