Atlantis

Ch. 34

Percy nodded and led Zoe out of his father's palace. Percy used the currents to send him and Zoe in the direction of the army. After about ten minutes, they saw the army of Mermen still locked in battle. As they were about to charge, a voice behind them caused Percy to freeze. When he turned, he saw Oceanus standing behind him and Zoe with the largest monster Percy had ever seen in his life save for Ladon.

"Where do you think you're going Jackson?" Oceanus sneered.

"I was going to help the Mermen but now that you're here, I think I will kill you first." Percy growled.

Oceanus laughed loudly, "I think not little demigod. I have a meeting with your father but I'll leave my friend the Kraken here to keep you entertained." He spat before turning back towards Atlantis as the monstrous Kraken stood in his place looking at Percy and Zoe hungrily.

Percy looked at the monster in fear as this was not what he had been expecting to face. He would have gladly battled Oceanus over this monstrous squid like creature. It was huge, it had to be forty or fifty feet tall with giant tentacles that Percy knew once snatched he'd have one Hades of time trying to get free of. The monster looked like a cross between multiple different types of squid or octopus but had a shell covering its midsection where its head protruded from.

Percy glanced quickly at Zoe who looked just as worried as him.

"Any ideas how we fight this thing?" Percy asked hopefully.

"Well unless you've got Medusa's head hidden under your armor then I'm at a loss for ideas." Zoe replied back.

The monster continued to stare at the two but Percy knew it would strike any second.

"Alright then I guess we'll go with my favorite plan." Percy announced.

"Why does that not sound like something I'm going to like?" Zoe asked exasperated.

"Because it means we wing it. Split up before this thing attacks." Percy yelled before he sprinted to the left while Zoe sprinted to the right. The monster followed Percy as a tentacle flew toward him. Percy had Riptide out in a flash as he slashed at the tentacle. Riptide pierced the tentacle but despite the power of his strike, Percy couldn't cut through it.

Another tentacle flew toward Percy which he slashed away but it distracted him from the second that slipped around his leg. Before he could react, Percy's leg was pulled out from under him as the Kraken began dragging him toward its head. Percy tried to slash the tentacle away with Riptide but another tentacle knocked the blade out of his hand. Percy began to panic as he tried to reach for his hunting knives. As he reached for them, he saw Zoe in a similar position being dragged weaponless towards the Kraken's mouth.

Percy panicked before he began to get angry. He was about to lose another friend because he failed to protect her. Without realizing it, Percy's entire body caught fire. But not just any fire, Greek fire. The Kraken roared in pain as it quickly unwrapped its burned tentacle from Percy's leg.

Percy hopped to his feet and sprinted towards Zoe who was dangerously close to the monster's mouth. Tentacles tried to grab Percy as he ran but the Kraken couldn't touch his flaming body. Percy jumped at the tentacle, wrapping his arms around it only feet away from the monster's mouth causing it to release Zoe instantly.

Percy stood in front of the monster as Zoe climbed to her feet. The Kraken eyed Percy warily as it couldn't find a way to attack the demigod while his body was engulfed in Greek fire.

"Use your bow Zoe." Percy whispered as the Kraken picked up a large boulder and hurled it at Percy who rolled under just quick enough to avoid being crushed.