Traitors And Titans

Ch. 33

Percy smiled at her words, he was about to speak again when an Iris Message appeared in front of them.

Zeus appeared in the mist and looked at Percy worriedly, "Perseus, your father is under attack. He needs your help to hold off Oceanus' forces until his army of Mermen reaches Atlantis as they were ambushed on their way back from a mission."

Percy shot to his feet, "Thank you Lord Zeus. I will head there now." He said quickly before swiping through the Iris Message. He turned to Zoe to offer her a hand up when two soft thuds were heard. Percy dropped to the ground, golden ichor pouring from where two arrows were protruding out of his chest.

Zoe shot to her feet with her bow in hand as she looked down the pier to find two calculating grey eyes staring down at her and Percy's bleeding body.

"What the Hades are you doing?" Zoe screamed.

The boy at the end of the pier smiled, "Performing my mission obviously. You fools didn't think we don't have people in each of your groups of demigods did you?"

Zoe's eyes narrowed as she sent a silent prayer for help to Artemis, "You will die painfully traitor."

The boy smiled, "I'm sure I will but only to be reunited with my masters in my death."

Zoe pulled back the string on her arrow until she saw thirteen flashes of light appear a few yards behind the demigod. Before the gods could react, the demigod was knocked unconscious by a spear cracking him upside the head after being swung like a baseball bat. The boy crumpled to the ground unconscious with a seething Phoebe standing over his body.

Zoe dropped her bow and slid down next to Percy's body.

"Percy! Percy! Stay with me." Zoe yelled as she tried to get some kind of indication he was still alive, but Percy simply lay there unmoving.

Artemis and Apollo flashed to his side in an instant, tears already falling from Artemis' face.

Apollo looked at Percy warily as he examined the arrows. He quickly pulled one of the arrows out of his shoulder but hesitated on the second one.

"HEAL HIM!" Artemis screamed at her brother.

Apollo ignored his sister as he checked Percy's vital signs before returning his attention to the arrow.

"I can't pull the arrow out yet. It's too close to his heart; it could kill him if the arrow grazes his heart on the way out. Otherwise we could just pull it out and push him into the sea to heal." Apollo explained.

By this time, Hera, Zeus, and Hestia were standing behind Zoe and the twin siblings as Zeus had an arm wrapped around his sobbing wife. Silent tears fell from Hestia's face as she stared at her champion.

Zoe stared at the situation in shock as her own tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I need to take him to Olympus. I need to take my time with this." Apollo said as he gently levitated Percy's body, a stretcher appearing underneath as his body carefully floated onto it. Straps wrapped around Percy's head, shoulders, waist and legs to ensure he wouldn't move.

Apollo looked at his sister sadly before he and Percy vanished into a golden light.

The minute Apollo and Percy vanished; Artemis shot to her feet and ran to the end of the pier where Athena was staring in shock at her son's unconscious form.

In a flash, Artemis had her hunting knife in hand, ready to slice the demigod to pieces. At the last second, she was tackled to the ground.

Artemis rolled over and pinned her attacker to the ground with a knife to their throat. Her eyes shot open when she saw her best friend had been her attacker.