The Return

Ch. 21

Artemis looked back at the doors of death and nearly dropped her bow in shock. Standing next to Thalia was her dead huntress Bianca Di Angelo. Artemis had tears in her eyes when she looked to the other side of Thalia and saw a figure wielding Percy's bow with the speed and accuracy of a huntress. There stood her long time lieutenant and the best friend she ever had, Zoe Nightshade, alive and well, and joining her sisters in battle against the diminishing number of monsters. Zoe was firing arrows into monsters as the three seemed to be waiting for Percy to come out the doors.

Artemis watched a smile appear on Zoe's face when Percy walked through the doors of death. Her smile vanished when Percy pulled out a dagger and grabbed her hand. They exchanged some words before Zoe nodded and Percy made a cut in Zoe's hand and pressed it to the doors of death. Artemis smiled when she realized that they were sealing the doors but she couldn't figure out why Percy didn't just do it himself.

Just as Artemis was about to flash over to the group, she felt earthen hands grab her legs. The giant Otus appeared out of the ground grinning evilly at her.

"I think it's time I introduced you to your future husband huntress. Or perhaps you want to spend a little quality time with me before I bring you to him." Otus said as he looked at Artemis lecherously.

Artemis eyes widened and she felt genuine fear for the first time a while. Just as she was about to reply, a flash of fire appeared between her and the giant. Artemis felt a flood of relief wash over her when she looked at the two figures standing between her and Otus. Percy Jackson and Zoe Nightshade stood in front of her and both looked ready the rip the giant's head clean off his body.

"You will pay for what you did to my brother Jackson!" Otus bellowed as a spear shot out of the ground and into his hand.

Percy narrowed his eyes, "I just came from Tartarus... You're brother wasn't in any shape to come say hello. Perhaps you'd like to join him since you miss him so dearly." Percy said mockingly.

Otus bellowed in rage and was about to charge Percy when two arrows sprouted him his left eye. The giant roared in agony as golden ichor began to pour down his face.

"Percy!" Artemis yelled as the earthen hands began to drag her into the ground.

Percy's eyes widened and he just went with instinct, focusing everything he had on his earth shaker powers. Percy slammed him fist into the earth next to Artemis releasing a colossal quake that knocked everyone within one hundred yards off their feet and forced them to try to grab anything they could to stop themselves from being tossed around.

Percy grabbed Artemis' hands and pulled with every ounce to strength he had. He was at an impasse with the earthen hands before Percy closed his eyes as he pulled. When his eyes opened again they were a brownish sea green inferno of flames. He felt himself slowly winning the tug of war with his girlfriend trapped in the middle. Percy stomped his foot softly causing the ground to rumble slightly and pulled with everything he had. The earthen hands seemed to lose their grip as Artemis shot out of the earth and knocked him to the ground with her landing on his chest.

Percy looked up and saw Artemis' face was only inches from his. Artemis opened her eyes and looked in the sea green and brown one's of her love and couldn't help but smile.

Percy returned her smile, "I told you I'd be back."

Artemis' smile grew before a cry of pain broke her attention from Percy. She looked up to see Otus standing over Zoe with his spear raised. Artemis suddenly dropped to the ground, Percy gone from underneath her. She looked back up to see Percy driven to the ground as the spear connected with his back; Zoe gone from the spot, reappearing in a flash of flames next to Artemis.