Thursday

____________________________________________________

It was Thursday morning, the night before had consisted of eating too much pizza and watching too many girly films.
Lauren had gone home this morning after my mum and brother had finally decided to come back and I was now sat alone in my room.

Maybe I should get some of my homework done I thought to myself as I picked up my bag off of the cold laminated floor, it was surprisingly heavy..
Opening up the black bag I picked up the leather covered book, I had completely forgotten that i had checked it out from the library last week. I opened the book to read over one of the other folktale stories.
I was so engrossed in the story that i didn't even realise the time and before i knew it it was 2pm.
Being so into a story that you don't even feel yourself turning the pages feels amazing.

It was about a man who had turned on his 'pack'- apparently that's what a werewolf 'family' as such is called. He was involved with other packs giving information to people about the whereabouts of his own pack their future plans. He killed a woman in cold blood, the book described him as a 'possessed creature of the night' due to the fact that he used to leave his family whilst they slept at night and leave for vast periods of time to transport drugs and visit criminal werewolves in other countries.

The mans name was never mentioned but i'm guessing it was something nasty..

"Carly, can you come down here please" i heard my mother shouting

"why?"
"mum"
"what"
"mum" why do mothers always ignore you when they ask a question

I turned the book over keeping my page and placed it on the bed. Walking out of my room and down the stairs

"mum"
still no reply as i walked into the front room to see my mother looking up at me

"yes"

"why didn't you reply?"

"because i shouldn't have to, i'm your mother if i call you should come to me"

"i'm not a dog"

"well"

"mum"

she just raised her eyebrows at me before eyeing the seat next to her meaning 'sit now child of hell'

"what's this about?" i asked

"well if you would let me explain you'd know wouldn't you" can you tell where i get the sarcasm from

"okay go ahead"

she just glared at me

"i'll stop talking"

again she glared, i mimed zipping up my mouth and throwing the key behind me

"don't throw stuff on the floor Carly"

"wha-"

"so anyway my big news" she cut me off
"I've bought a gym!"

"oh wo-"

"it's going to be fab" she cut me off again patting her knees

"why have you bought a gym?"

"because why not"

"because"

"look Carly your fathers gone, your brothers never here and I'm having to accept the fact that i'm a 34 year old"

"34?" i laughed

"carly" she half screamed

"sorry" trying not to laugh i continued "of course you're 34"

she just frowned at me
"I am a thirty" she paused "eight" she whispered "year old woman who.. you know what fine i'm leaving"

"ah mum" i felt guilty for making her feel bad "i'm sorry, i think it's an amazing idea but you can't tell people you're 34 due to the fact that you have a 20 year old son.."

"It doesnt matter"

"Well, you were a teenager when you had Tyler so whats a few years difference going to make"

"I was eighteen Carly"

"that's still a teenager"

"Do you want to be grounded?"

"sorry"

"i brought you into this world"

"i know"

"i can take you out of it at twice the speed" she whispered whilst smiling aka scary things mum do

"mum"

she just laughed before talking through the gym, the styles and the fact that i would be working there.

____________________________________________________________________________________

very short ok i know just ok

Chloe xx