Library

_______________________________________________________________________________________

CARLY'S POV

I walked out of the room,  along the corridor running my fingers along the old wooden tables once again.
The sports workshops didn't seem too appealing so I shuffled on along to the library.

I ran my fingers over the pattern on the large wooden doors resting my head on the cold wood before pushing it open.
Mrs. Streingburg sat behind the large old fashioned desk with books piled high. She smiled at me before placing her book down.
"How are you dear?" she spoke in her German accent

"fine, thank you"

She placed her red glasses onto her head which was covered in thinning grey hair.
She was in a striped purple and white fluffy jumper with a long beaded necklace around her neck.

"what is wrong"

"nothing, honestly. I just didn't fancy going to those sport workshops. I'm no Jessica Ennis"

"No one is dear. Don't run from your problems. if you want to stay here, by all means do but do not stay if its the wrong thing to do"

"I think its the right thing to do"

"well then have a nice afternoon"

"thank you"

I walked towards the end of the library, weaving through old bookshelves on my way to the perfect place.
In the far corner was a small desk, a dried up ink pot sat in the top right corner along with centuries of scratched in messages from children who had sat here before me. The large bookshelves held secrets and stories from writers who had found an escape in writing.

A large leather covered book caught my eye from the top shelf, I dragged the chair to the bookshelf and carefully tried to pull the book down. I fell backwards landing on my back, the book closely following behind smacking me in the face, at least i had a bruise before this because falling off a chair in a library and having a book smack me in the face probably won't help my popularity, that I obviously don't care about..

 "are you okay?" I heard from the front of the library

"I'm okay" I shouted back cringing at the fact that I had just shouted in a library.

I picked the book up and walked back to the desk dragging the chair behind me.

I sat at the desk reading turning the pages the non fictional book was about this city and the legends of the Waterstone pack. I couldn't believe that this book was actually here I loved reading about legends of superstitious findings.
My thoughts ran back to the weekend. Of course there would be people who would turn a few wolf sightings into this whole ridiculous scandal.

*Colton's Pov*

Carly didn't come back to gym after lunch, she didn't even come back to the canteen.
I spent the rest of the day training and talking to the younger years about how basketball could help them with team building and a load of other things I had said every year since I joined this team.

I knew why most of them were there, they wanted the title and popularity not the joy of the game.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I realise this is very short but I you know

Chloe xx