Chapter 1

"What is this?" The hotel owner asked as he held up the painting within an arm length, examining it with inquisitive ruby eyes. A small grimace slowly formed on his face and he slowly set the frame down with a disappointed look.

"I don't know if you're blind Gilbert but that is a Venus fly trap," The blond painter replied, his fingers playing with the hem of his blue tie and his brows furrowed within a second.

"I know what the heck is that, Alfred." The older man spat while rising to his feet. He slowly walked towards the other man and he lazily slung his arm across his shoulders. "Let me show you something."

He dragged the artist towards the lounge and he paused in front of a beautifully painted artwork. "See that?" Gilbert cooed as he gestured the said piece. "That's Titanic and guess who painted that."

Alfred secretly rolled his eyes and muttered, "Me..."

Gilbert clapped his hands in a sarcastic manner and they moved along to the second painting hanging on the wall. "What about this?"

"That's Niagara Falls made by the great me." The younger man huffed.

Gilbert nodded his head and continued. "What about that, and that?" He pointed them one by one and the bloke beside him answered them all in one sentence.

"I made all of that."

The albino grinned for a short second before it was replaced by a scowl. "You get the point?" He hissed as he turned Alfred around in order to face him. "You painted magnificently before, doing Niagara Falls to Big Ben, now you're giving me what? A Venus fly trap? Are you kidding me?"

The blond's eyes widen in confusion and he unconsciously loosen his tie. What had happened to him? He was a famous painter before and he did magnificent pieces, now he's doing what? A plant? He ran his eyes along the paintings he previously did and he cleared his throat to ease the silence. "But I don't see anything wrong with it." He defended the poor thing.

Gilbert puffed his cheeks and he pulled away with a sour look. "Yeah, nothing's wrong with it. The problem is not about your paintings, it's about you."

"About me? How is that?"

"Remember the last painting you sold me?"

The American artist pondered for a moment before parting his lips. "A rainbow?"

"Exactly! A fucking rainbow!" Gilbert hollered before twisting his head to check the lady working in the reception area. He sent her an apologetic smile for shouting all of a sudden and he went back to face Alfred. "Your works are getting unawesomer and unawesomer."

The younger man was left dumbfounded at his words and he averted his blue eyes away from his red ones. He set it towards the wooden table located at the near corner and he sighed secretly to himself. "Then what do you want me to paint?" He grumbled lowly to himself, the bitterness could be easily heard in his voice.

"I don't know!" Gilbert howled and flailed his arms upward, exaggerating everything to the fullest. "Paint me something better than those things on the wall! Because if not, I might get a new artist that would do awesomer works than you!" He jabbed a finger on the other's chest before stepping back.

"Give me a break!" Now Alfred was the one shouting at him, his patience meter down to zero. "I've been painting for you for almost two years now and you're going to replace me with just a blink of an eye?" He questioned, his face slowly turning red in anger. "Dude, that sucks ass!"

The older man lolled his head backwards and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Then paint me something! I want your new painting here by the end of the week, that or I'm getting a new artist. Understand?"

Alfred could do nothing but nod his head in a bitter agreement. He marched out of the place, no longer wanting to be a part of the conversation which may lead him to a violent path he'd rather not take. He wanted to breathe some fresh air since all he had ever breathed inside there was Gilbert's expensive cologne.

He pushed the glass doors open and stepped out onto the outside world, a warm breeze instantly hitting him on the face. He shoved his hands inside his jacket's pockets and he continued to strut in a slow pace, eyeing the open stores as if they were something very interesting.

"Huh, paint him something, eh?" He muttered to himself in a resentful way and he kicked the nearby stone away from his lane. "He's a greedy bastard, what's wrong with the Venus fly trap?

He abruptly halted from his tracks and he turned around in horror when he remembered that he forgot his artwork inside Gilbert's office. He uncertainly paced back and forth, ignoring the bewildered looks from the people around him, and at last, he decided that going back wasn't worth it.

"Fuck that shit!" He roared and quickly turned left to take the longer route towards his house. He needed time to think and walking might just help him do that.

What he didn't know was that taking that road would also help him in his problem.

A/N: Howdy y'all! XD How was the first chap? Leave your reviews down there at the comment section! I wanted to know what you guys think :)