Chapter 13

"B-be your what?!" Arthur shrieked as he lurched backwards, hitting his spine against the inner part of the door. If Alfred wasn't driving right now, he would have bounded out the car and roll onto the asphalt, but then again, Alfred wasn't driving, why isn't he moving? "You bloody git! How can you propose such thing in a bold manner?!"

The bespectacled blond swallowed a lump that had formed in the back of his throat and deliberately avoided the other's insistent gaze. "Erm... I dunno, dude. But trust me, bro's not the type of peep who easily trusts people. The only thing I could persuade him from keeping you is to pretend that the two of us are..." His voice faded out and he awkwardly rubbed the nape of his neck. "-dating."

Arthur chewed on his lower lip before rubbing the heels of his palm against his eyes. He felt endeared to be frank and thinking of him and Alfred as an item made his guts do a triple somersault. It made him feel warm and all tingly inside. It made him feel in love and Arthur didn't like that one bit. "What about... friends?" He suggested.

"Huh?"

"Why not tell him we're close friends, or maybe best friends."

Alfred sent him a terrified look before shaking his head no. The word 'best friend' doesn't suit them nor their relationship, heck, Alfred nearly gag at the idea. It made him uncomfortable and sore somewhere deep inside his chest. "No way in hell I would allow that to happen! B-but it's not that I don't like you or somethin', of course I like you! It's just that I'm-"

"Alfred, you're hyperventilating." Arthur cuts him off.

"No, Arthur, listen to me! We can't be friends for heaven's sake! I'm gay, you're gay, two gays can't be just friends!"

And there goes the bomb of heavy silence, exploding and causing them to shut their mouths tight. They might be gay but the remark seems foreign and 'gauche' to them especially when rolling down Alfred's tongue. Also, the American's the dorkiest of dorks, Arthur noted.

With a deep sigh, the dancer nodded his head in a quiet agreement. "Sure then,"

Alfred's eyes were as wide as saucers and the look he's currently wearing made Arthur snicker inside his head. "A-Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to-"

"I'm q-quite fine with it, mate." Arthur assured, cheeks beet red and flushed. "Although I'm wondering if there's another reason," The last part was a soft murmur but Alfred was able to catch it.

He laughed in a nervous manner and he flashed him a grin that seemed to be forced. "You wanna know about it?"

Arthur, though a bit surprised, mumbled a short 'yes'. He was supposed to say that what he said earlier was sarcasm but when Alfred started the car again and began driving towards the airport, he had no choice but to listen.

~*~

Arthur was pissed. He didn't want to show it but he's pissed, pissed at Alfred and his idiotic brain. The 'You wanna know about it' was a complete bullshit, a pointless strings of sentences that Arthur found infuriating to listen to. He kind of hoped that Alfred would compliment him (not that he's anticipating for it!) but the painter had magically shifted the topic from his oh-so-mind-blowing accent to why are cheeseburgers good looking in commercials and not in real life. He wanted to slam his head against the glass window but stopped midway when Alfred suddenly hit the brakes.

"We're here!" He announced, fist pumping the air. 

Arthur was torn between sighing in relief and sighing in annoyance. Now he have to face two American idiots. Well, he hasn't met Alfred's twin yet so he's not in the correct place to judge... wait.

"Hey, you haven't told me his name yet!" Arthur cried as he slammed the door close, Alfred mimicking his actions. "I don't want to be awkward in front of him, you know?"

"Oh," They started to walk to the waiting area side by side, and without really noticing it, their fingers began to intertwine. "I'm sorry, I think it slipped my mind," Alfred laughed. "His name is Allen, your highness."

"Hmm, Allen..." Arthur parroted, feeling the way his name tastes in his mouth. "Nice,"

Alfred's eyes squinted behind his glasses and a glint of jealousy glimmered through his orbs for a split second. "You think it's nice?" I think mine is nicer...

Arthur threw him 'the look'. "Yes," But I guess, yours is way better...

They were silent for a while, both of them staring at each other's eyes when all of a sudden, a frantic cry erupted out of nowhere.

"Porkchop!"

Alfred turned, his grip tightening and he bewilderedly looked down at their intertwined fingers before pulling away from Arthur, cheeks red and warm. "Don't call me that!" He barked at his twin afterwards.

"Meh, whatever. Nice to see you again!" Allen sent him a flying kiss before throwing Alfred his luggage and bags. He then craned his neck to the side to see who was behind his sibling. "And who do we have here?" He whistled.

Arthur awkwardly shuffled his weight on one foot to another before reaching his hand out for the other to shake. "M-my name's Arthur Kirkland, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Allen." He paused, unsure of what to say next. "Alfred has been talking about you a lot."

Allen lifted a brow up at that and threw an amuse look over his shoulder to his twin brother. "Really?" He then gazed at the extended hand of Arthur Kirkland and he took it in his own. "Sounds fictional to me," He kissed the back of it and he smiled sweetly at the beautiful lad in front of him.

Arthur blushed and almost sputtered but he was able to compose himself. Allen may look a lot like Alfred, only with dyed red hair and tanner skin, but that doesn't mean he's comfortable with him...

"Okay, back off, Cabbage. He's mine." Alfred stated with a stern look, making him look way older than he is. Arthur thought about their talk not long a moment ago and he wondered if Alfred was only acting or...

"Yes, I forgot to mention I am Alfred's boyfriend!" It was a hasty, really-embarrassing statement and it's a miracle that Arthur was still standing and not lying dead on the floor.

Alfred parted his lips then closed it, then parted it again, but no words came out of his mouth. He was too dumbstruck to say anything and his heart started banging against his rib-cage, it was painful. Allen took the chance to say something.

"Well then, I guess I have some interrogation to do," He grinned lopsidedly and winked at a really red Arthur. "For the mean time, call me detective Jones. I sense something fishy."

A/N: Hola! I'm back from the dead! It's been a while, a long freaking while! Ugh, I'm so sorry, I just finished my exams and school was pretty hectic. Can you believe it? My teachers bombarded us with projects and I had zero-time for this! But good news, I'm back and will update every week end! I'm sorry if this one has mistakes though, it's actually 3 AM right now and I'm half asleep while writing this. My brain's too rattled to make some editing so forgive me! 'Till next time :) 

P.S.
Your comments are really hilarious, keep 'em up!  

P.P.S
Yep, it's Allen, peeps! For those who got it right, here's an imaginary hug!