Chapter 17

Warning

"Why must your twin be like that, love?"

Arthur's face was a little blotchy and he concealed it by facing away from Allen. They were frosty and uncommunicative to each other and it was hard to tell whether they will engage themselves in a small conversation or not. 

Arthur was aware that Allen was stealing a couple of gazes from him but he chose to ignore it, instead submerging himself on the scenery outside. He thought of Alfred, and Alfred, and Alfred alone. 

His heart clenched at the memory of him pressing his fingers against the other's lips. He kissed it and he hoped he could transfer all those feelings within him with just a brush of his fingertips. 

How could he fall in love with the painter with just a short amount of time? He's not even sure himself if he's in love, maybe he was just infatuated. It was totally driving him nuts. His affection for Alfred is not normal in any way. 

At last, the waitress had arrived and had placed their orders on the table. It was that then that Allen decided to speak, lifting Arthur from his deep reverie. 

"What's your name?"

A little taken aback, Arthur faced him mere seconds before looking away once again. 

"Hey, don't ignore me!"  

The dancer gulped and faintly poked at his food. Allen had brought him to a place where they serve international chows and bless him for picking fish and chips for Arthur. "You already know my name." The dancer answered faintly. 

The American rolled his eyes at him before stabbing a piece of cabbage. "What's your name?" He began once again. 

The Brit grunted before piercing the other with a menacing glare. "Arthur James Kirkland..." 

Allen grinned and held out his hand for the other to shake. "Nice to meet you, my name's Allen F. Jones!" 

Arthur weakly grasped his hand before pulling away as if his touch burned him. Allen, a little bit offended, masked his emotion with a small smile. "How old are you?" He asked. 

Arthur breathed in sharply before focusing his teary eyes on the other's wide ones. "I don't want to start all over again, if that's what you are trying to do."  

Allen swallowed hard and decided to keep his mouth shut for the rest of the time. 

They are walking down the pavement as of the moment and Arthur was strolling behind the American. He couldn't figure out the reason why they were doing this. He had straightly denied the latter of a new friendship and if Allen was planning to murder him, he could have done that back in the bistro where he had a knife. 

Allen suddenly halted, resulting for Arthur to bump onto him. He quickly muttered an apology but stopped when he saw the melancholic look plastered on the taller one's face. He didn't spare him a glance and Arthur followed the direction of his eyes. 

Allen was admiring the sunset just across them and Arthur's own pupils dilated in approbation. It was utterly breathtaking.

The American decided to sit on the pavement and Arthur followed suit as if he was in a trance. 

They were enveloped in silence for a couple of minutes until Allen croaked a sentence. "My childhood was robbed from me."

Arthur whipped his head to the side, appearing to be in confusion. 

Allen's jaws were tight and he seems to be fighting for the right words to speak. "I was raped." 

The Englishman's mouth becomes agape and his tongue lost the ability to move. Allen, appreciating the stillness, decided to continue. 

"Alfred was supposed to be the one harassed but we were identically mistaken. You know? Twins and stuffs like that. I withdrew myself from the world after that incident. We were only 12 back then and I didn't find the will to report it to our parents."  

Allen's voice was quivering and Arthur let out a loud huff before taking his hand in between his own. That was the only thing he could do because words are not enough to describe how he feels for him. Allen obviously didn't like to be pitied.

"You know what? I despised Alfred after that. I mean, I don't deserve it, not that he deserves it either but it's just... unfair.

"I decided to steal everything away from him as a payment. Our parents' attention, the fame, the girls, everything." 

Then, there was a short pause. "I hate him." 

Arthur squeezed his hand and this caused Allen to look at him. "It's not his fault, you know?" 

A lone tear slipped from Jones's eyes and he quickly shook his head. "I know,  and I hate myself for blaming him all these years." 

Arthur pulled the lad towards him in an awkward embrace. "Don't hate yourself. You must have acted the wrong way but you've been through a harsh phase so it's quite understandable." 

Allen stared at him in shock before rubbing the tears away from his eyes. "You're a... how does an Englishman put this. A sodding bugger?" 

"A bloody wanker." 

"Yeah, yeah. Jolly fuck you, cunt." 

"Oh, happy mating to you too. Was the blowjob you requested still on the line?" 

"No, it has already expired. My dick find you absolutely boring."  

"Thank God," 

And they both laughed, relinquishing the anger between the two of them. 

"I'm sorry though, for putting you in such state. I may have hated Alfred but I don't want that to happen to him." 

Arthur pulled away from the embrace. "How could I even rape him? He's too big!"

Allen flinched from the word and Arthur muttered a quick sorry. "I know, I just don't trust someone so easily. The event actually broke me but now that I know you, I guess you wouldn't hurt him." 

Arthur smiled genuinely for the first time today. "Never," He whispered quietly. "And you're a strong man, Allen. And even though you mentioned you hated Alfred a lot, I know deep inside that you love him."

Allen snorted before bumping the other's shoulder with his fist. "I'm starting to hate you now, Arthur James Kirkland." But there was a smile on his lips. 

A/N: Thank you for all your concern! It's really heartwarming! Here's an update for you guys and I'm sorry for the lack of Alfred. He'll be back in the next chapter, that's for sure!  I love you all!