Chapter 19

"Alfred, I need to go to sleep!" Allen called out as he hurriedly stepped inside the threshold, hands both situated inside his jean's pockets. Allen doesn't really want to head to bed as soon as possible but he wanted to give the two a bit of a time together to fix whatever's the matter. Plus, he doesn't enjoy explaining himself to Alfred so it's a huge bonus for him.

"W-wait, hold on! Don't leave me just yet!" Arthur quickly stuttered but it seems like the latter had disappeared already. He inhaled sharply through his nose and he nervously rubbed at his cold arms.

Arthur was ultimately embarrassed about the recent event but he wouldn't deny the fact that he's happy. He was more than happy, actually. But deep inside he couldn't also deny the fact that he-

A warm heavy cloth was slung across his shoulders and he cautiously looked at it to see Alfred's infamous bomber jacket draped over him. His cheeks instantly warmed and he gazed at the owner just in time to catch his cerulean blue eyes.

They were too close once again, their faces inches apart. Arthur was aware that Alfred had his arm on a semi-tight grip and when the American leaned in a bit, he swiftly pulled away.

But that wasn't because he didn't like the feeling of Alfred's lips on his own. It was because it's-

"Arthur, I'm sorry!" Alfred quickly apologized, stepping away from the dancer. "I thought it'll be alright since the two of us feel the same thing."

He sounded hurt and offended, and he did a poor job of covering it. It made Arthur's stomach churn in guilt and his brows furrowed deeply.

"No, Alfred, don't be sorry. It's just that I had a long day and I still have some explanation to do." He hoped he heard the honesty in his words. He could almost hear himself pleading the painter not to think of negative stuffs and he smiled a little to ease the other. "Let's go in, shall we?"

The American quietly nodded but he let himself beam a little. Maybe Arthur's not ready yet...

"Are you hungry?" Alfred suddenly asked, his thumbs awkwardly playing with one another. "I could make you tea if you like?"

Arthur turned around and placed a quick peck on the other's nose (in exchange of not letting Alfred kiss him while they were outside). He had to tiptoe just to reach it. "I'm alright, love." He murmured affectionately.

They walked side by side towards their room and when they got in, Arthur locked the door behind him.

"Okay, first of all, Allen and I didn't have a date-"

"You don't have to explain things to me, Artie." Alfred cut in and gave a small laugh. "Really, there are only two things that I want..."

The dancer blinked before letting himself lean against the cold wall. "Oh, yeah? And what are those, sweetheart?"

"First of all, I want you to promise me to never do it again." Alfred stated, his eyes focused downwards. "Never leave me without me knowing it."

Arthur gulped and he crossed his arms above his chest. He felt guilt spreading inside him and he coughed to get rid of it. "O-okay," He inhaled.

Alfred tilted his head up and he locked their eyes together. "Promise?"

Arthur couldn't do anything but say, "I promise."

This was enough to make Alfred let out a relieved breath. He engulfed Arthur in a gentle but firm hug and the Englishman did not hesitate to wrap his arms back.

"Second," Alfred paused as he slowly dragged Arthur to the center of the room, careful not to trip them both while he tried to maintain the hug. "I want to dance with you."

The Briton's shoulders shook and a snort was heard next. "You want to dance with me? Like, hip-hop and jazz?" Another snort and a chuckle. "I can't imagine it, Alfred!" He laughed as he pressed his body closer to the painter. "Oh, Alfie!"

Alfred grinned. "It's Alfred, not Alfie!" He bantered playfully.

As the chuckles subsided, Arthur grinned back and took the American's hand, placing it on his waist. "Do you know how to waltz?"

Alfred shamefully laughed and shrugged. "Not really,"

Arthur positioned their bodies and he looked up for a moment before tenderly stroking Alfred's face. "I will teach you."

The affection was overwhelming and Alfred wanted to stop the time, to be in this moment forever. "Teach me, then..."

They moved a bit, Alfred swiftly learning as Arthur guided him across the room.

"No music?" The American asked and the Briton slowly parted his lips.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in...

But I can't help, falling in love with you."

Arthur sang, his voice pure and perfect, and as he glides through the floor, he kept his eyes intact with Alfred's.

"Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you..."

Arthur pivoted and Alfred let him.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be."

He was completely lost at the moment and he let Alfred lead him as they danced around the room. Arthur doesn't want to let go, and neither does Alfred.

"Take my hand,

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you."

The green-eyed man placed his head on the painter's chest, listening to the rhythmic thumps of his heart beating for him, reverberating through his whole body. 

He sighed shakily and continued to move whilst Alfred hummed.

He is the greatest thing I could never have... Arthur thought.

A/N: Hey, there! Thank you for all the love that I received from you guys! It is completely overwhelming and words are not enough to describe it! I apologise for all the mistakes that I committed from the previous chapters and I want you to know that I didn't mean them. 

As of the moment, I'm in a hurry and here's Chapter 19. It's unedited so I'm sorry for the errors. 

Song is Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, covered by Twenty-One Pilots.