Chapter 16

The next day was the third day of the given week. Arthur was just heading for the kitchen when he unintentionally bumped into Allen along the hallway. 

"I'm so sorry, it's too early in the morning and my mind's a little foggy and-" 

"Shut it, Kirks, it's okay. Don't keep on making things awkward." 

The Brit flushed up to the tips of his ears and he tilted his head down, staring at his own flops. "A-alright, then..."

Allen clicked his tongue before walking pass him but paused when their shoulders brushed. "You were heading to?"

"The kitchen," Arthur answered before scurrying to his destination, his lower lip caught in between his teeth. He wanted Allen to just go and leave him alone but what he wished shattered when the American turned his heel around and followed him. 

Allen sat on one of the chairs while Arthur pretended he doesn't exist, although he's doing a poor job since he kept on eyeing him in the corner of his eyes. At last, Allen seemed to noticed it and sighed exasperatedly. 

"Can't get enough of my hot bod?" 

Arthur spluttered and regained himself by coughing. "Would you like some coffee? Or tea?" 

"You didn't answer my question."

"Coffee it is, then."

"I wanted water."

"Just as I thought." He gave him what he wanted and hoped he would go away but that didn't do anything but bring a small smile into Allen's face. 

"Thank you," He stated after he was done sipping a small portion. He waited for the dancer to finish making his tea and when the lad sat across from him, his features hardened. "So, how much is Alfred paying you?"

Arthur's face paled and his Adam's apple bobbed.  "I beg your pardon?" 

"Quit the dilly-dally, Kirkland. I know things..."

Arthur's heart plummeted on the ground and the walls around him simultaneously crashed.  His palms were starting to sweat and his tongue was too heavy to lift, thus he wasn't able to defend himself. Was it possible that Allen knew all along? 

"Gilbert called me and told me Alfred's doing a poor job lately," His eyes narrowed and he slowly brought the glass to his lips, savouring the water as if it has a taste. "You're not his boyfriend, are you?"

The Englishman nodded his head in embarrassment. 

"Guess I'm right, you're just his employee and he's your boss. How much is he paying you?"

Arthur bit the inside of his cheeks and slowly stared at the other's burgundy eyes. He forced himself to look at him but failed miserably as tears started to form. "I don't know," He whispered. "We'll divide it once he receives his paycheck." 

Allen looked away and cursed himself for making the Briton tear up. He felt like an ass but there was no stopping now. He had already started.  "Look how desperate Alfie is. Picking up random people from the street. You could be a thief or a drug addict for all we know." 

Arthur was humiliated and by now, his tears had cascaded down to his cheeks. He wiped them harshly off his face and he glared at Allen angrily. "With all due respect, Jones, I was raised correctly by my own mother. I just wanted to help Alfred with his job!" 

Allen gritted his teeth at the sight in front of him. He balled his fists up and said the following words, "Oh, really? How long have you met the guy, huh? Are you that frantic to reach your hand for something inside his pants?" 

"Shut up! I told you I just wanted to help! I'm not into his body or look, Alfred does not deserve to lose his job!" Arthur screamed and whispered at the same time, afraid that he might wake his 'boss' up.

Allen smiled tightly inside his head, a little satisfied with the dancer's answer. "Dress up, we're going on a little trip."

Arthur gave him a scrutinizing look before shaking his head. "I don't want to go," 

Allen stoop up. "Then pack your bags and leave. I don't care if Alfred loses his job, if you don't want to go out with me today, then I'll kick you out of the house." 

Arthur snorted as he rubbed his already red eyes. "Very well, then. Alfred could just paint me on my flat and I'd never have to deal with you anymore." 

Allen smirked and turned his back on him. "I could just call Gilbert and ask him to fire the bitch from his stupid job." 

Arthur bristled and opened his mouth but he lacked the correct words to retort. He let his tears fall instead and he felt his arms dangle loosely beside him. 

"I'll wait for your decision. Once I get out of my room without you there on the couch, you're out." And with that, Allen left the other stunned and shaking in fury. 

Arthur wasn't crying for himself, he was crying for Alfred.

Alfred wasn't sure but there were noises outside. He could tell someone arguing but his lids were too heavy to lift. He shifted from his bed and tried to go back to sleep when he heard his door suddenly opened. It was then followed by a couple of footsteps and a few hiccups. 

He complained shortly before slowly drifting back to sleep. He felt someone's presence beside him and he was about to open his eyes when he felt a pair of lips brushed against his own.  

It was salty, but that was that since afterwards, he fell into a deep slumber with a smile gracing his own face. 

He wasn't sure if he was dreaming or what but he wished it was Arthur who kissed him.   

A/N: Hey there, old chaps! First of all, THANK YOU for supporting this fic. I have reached 1k votes and it's all because of you! Wow, I was so overwhelmed that I wanted to hug you, guys. I twisted my finger the other day and I think I broke it so I'm sorry if my drawing (the picture) is crappy. I poured my heart all over it and it's for you!
Second, sorry if this chapter was a little sad. Allen has one good reason why he was acting like that and you'll know why in the later chapters. Please don't hate on him, it's just a little misunderstanding.

Unedited since it is 12 AM and my finger's killing me. Thank you once again!