Chapter 15

That night, Alfred laid sprawled on top of his made up bed while he waited for Arthur to emerge from the bathroom. The Brit had insisted that he should sleep on the floor instead but Alfred wouldn't allow that to happen, thus giving him the delightful mattress. There was a tiny voice inside him that wished he could hold him within his arms but- he couldn't just do that yet. Not until he asks him out on a date.

"H-hey," Alfred suddenly looked to where the voice had came from and there beside the open door, stood Arthur in his pajamas. "I'm done..."

"Oh, yeah." The painter sat up and rubbed the nape of his neck. He let his eyes wander over the other before smiling and blushing madly. Did Arthur just... take his shirt off?

"Look, I believe it's not right for you to sleep on the floor. We could still exchange if you want to." Now Arthur was slowly pulling his shorts down, revealing his black boxers.

"Or we could just..." Alfred could feel his throat go dry and his heart quickly pumped as Arthur pinches the hem of his undergarment, slowly dragging it downwards. He was internally chanting 'Faster, faster, pull that thing off and let the ding-dong free!' but a clap resounded and the magic was gone. Arthur was back in his pajamas.

"Alfred, are you even listening to me?" Arthur asked and the painter shook himself out of his reverie. "I said, if you don't mind, we could share the bed."

Alfred's eyes widened in disbelief. He mentally slapped himself just to see whether he was imagining things again but he heard Arthur right. The dancer wanted to share the bed with him!

"Of course, I don't mind!" The blue-eyed man was quick to answer, afraid that Arthur might take back the offer. He slowly got up and carried his pillows with him, and dumped them on the bed. "Um, which side would you like to take?"

Arthur's cheeks flamed and turned rosy as he casts his eyes away from Alfred's tight sando. If only he could touch those well formed muscles beneath the black cloth... "A-any side is okay."

There was a short pause.

"Sleep by my side, then?"

Thankfully, Arthur wasn't drinking anything and was therefore, unable to spit water on Jones's large bed. His organ, specifically called heart, tightened inside him and he felt blood rushing towards his already red face. He was just thankful enough that it wasn't rushing downwards to his... you know?

"You idiot, don't say such things!"

Alfred let out a nervous laugh and awkwardly clapped his hands together. "Hahaha, gotcha! Come on now, we have a long day tomorrow." He positioned himself on the bed and waited for Arthur to climb in with him.

After the Brit had settled, Alfred spoke once again. "You know what?"

"What?" Arthur asked, his voice muffled under the covers. He was facing the wall, his back on the other.

"It was really cool. I mean, what you said to me earlier while we were at the resto." Alfred sheepishly mumbled while he played with a stray string from his tank top. "That you would choose me instead of him..."

Arthur's heart swelled and he buried his face under the cover. "T-that? Oh, well, it's actually true..." He whispered quietly.

He heard a loud sigh that emitted from the painter's mouth and Arthur unconsciously looked back, only to find Alfred staring at the ceiling with his arm propped behind his head.

"It actually feels great..." He said. "I mean, I was no one's first choice and it feels good that you would choose me rather than Allen."

Arthur rose a brow up and kept his mouth into a firm line. How could the sweet and charming Alfred F. Jones not be someone's first choice?

"My parents always favors him, everyone actually. It was like I was the neglected son, like they didn't plan for me and-" His voice cracked and Arthur just continued to stare. "Even my classmates, everyone thinks he's cool, too awesome, and I am the nerdy painter whatsoever."

Arthur slowly reached up to cup the American's cheek and he formed a small smile when the latter turned to him. "Has anyone ever told you how special you are?" He breathed out as he runs his thumb across the other's delicate skin. "If not, then listen to what I'll say. You are perfect, I don't know how you can't see that yourself. You are talented, handsome, and utterly precious."

Alfred felt his heart stop and his head started to spin. He felt like sobbing and laughing at the same time but all he had managed to do was choke on his own spit.

"Alfred, are you okay?!" Arthur immediately shouted in concern as he pulled his hand back and rubbed the other's arm.

After a few splutters and coughs, Alfred regained his composure. "I am, don't worry."

Arthur sighed in relief but remembered the intense atmosphere awhile ago. He quickly turned his back and tried to minimize the beating of his heart.

"I have to go to sleep, goodnight, Alfred." He murmured hastily before closing his eyes.

The American chuckled inwardly before closing the lamp and settling his glasses atop of the bedside table. He pulled the covers up to his chin and quickly gave a kiss on the palm of his hand. "Goodnight, Artie." He then slowly patted the Brit's cheek.

A/N: Another update because I love you guys so much.