Chapter 18

He was panicking. His usually composed mind was filled with alarm and terror, and he felt his head was about to explode in worry. Arthur's missing, and what was worse was that Allen was in the same status.

If something awful happens to his pretend boyfriend, he swore he'd let Allen taste shit. Every bit of shit, let him be his twin or not.

Alfred was in the middle of dialing his phone number for the umpteenth time when two headlights blinked outside, letting him know that his also missing truck had arrived. He balled his fists up and marched outside, catching the sight of the two slowly climbing out of the vehicle.

"Well, well, well," He feigned joy and delight as he clapped his hands together, making the loudest smack he can produce. "Look who's here. Did ya guys enjoy your little date?"

Arthur's mouth went agape and he quickly cowered in fear when Alfred's face turned grim. The painter felt instantly guilty for making the Brit recoil but he reminded himself that Arthur left him without his own consent. And that disappointed a big part of him.

"Look, Arthur has nothing to-"

"Shut up, Allen!" Alfred demanded at once, hurt starting to show on his face. His lower lip trembled and his eyes began to sting. "I don't want any explanation coming from you so keep your mouth locked!"

"Alfred, please, listen-"

"And you, Arthur..." He cut the dancer off and quickly swallowed the bulge rising in his throat. "You said you would prefer me rather than him. I believed in you so how could you do this to me?"

Arthur's breathing became rapid and he cautiously took a step forward but stopped midway when Alfred retreated at the same time. The Briton's heart dropped a few meters below and he clenched at his chest. "Alfred..."

The said man pouted and rubbed at his teary eyes, hoping the tears would evaporate in no time. But even his own tears doesn't seem to be on his side. They slowly fell from his cheeks and he rapidly turned his back at the duo before shouting, "I fucking hate you, guys!"

He feels totally feeble and idiotic at the same time. He wished he could save himself from the damn humiliation but before he could think of an excuse, he felt a strong pair of hands jerked him around. Arthur's face was contorted in fury but his cheeks were bright pink in... in what?

Alfred was slowly suffocating and his head was bending in an awkward angle since Arthur was forcefully cupping his wet cheeks. "I don't care if you bloody hate me!" Arthur shouted, his green eyes ablaze. He paused, looking unsure for a moment before huffing loudly. "Because Alfred fucking Jones, I fucking love you!"

Alfred's world immediately stopped. He stood frozen on his spot and his heart started to beat vivaciously. It started to hurt his chest and the sight of Arthur tearing up brought him back to reality.

"I..." The American's tongue resisted to cooperate with his brain and he was completely lost for words. Arthur's face was just inches away from his own and he could obviously tell that he was anxiously waiting for a reply. "I-"

He felt a sharp blow to the back of his head and he plunged forward, his lips smashing against the other's. Alfred's blue eyes comically widen behind his spectacles and his face started to burn in pink blotches.

Arthur on the other hand was internally experiencing a heart attack, his cheeks turning crimson red while his knees buckled at the feeling of the American's smooth lips pressed upon his own. His head started to spin and his fingers began to shake terribly. It felt perfect, yet thwarting at the same time.

The two simultaneously pulled away and settled their eyes at the cause of the occurrence.

Allen was grinning mischievously before winking at them. "I can't take the gosh darn tension and I was like 'just kiss already!' so I did what I thought was right."

Arthur squared his jaws and glared angrily at him. "You bloody twat! What if Alfred doesn't even like me back?" The Englishman was suddenly reminded that Alfred had not replied anything to his bold and abrupt confession. He suddenly feel absolutely remorseful about the kiss.

He looked away from the man in front of him, his face evident with regret and pain. What if Alfred does not actually like him? What if he only sees Arthur as a friend? What if-

All thoughts that were running from his brain was cut short when he felt the other grabbed his chin and obliged him to face what lies before him. Alfred, with face as red as blood, parted his lips and screamed, "I fucking love you too, Arthur!"

"Oh em gee, I fucking love the both of you too!" Allen yelled, clapping his hands like a trained seal in a zoo but grinning proudly nonetheless.

And their night ended with someone from the neighborhood shouting at them to keep it down.

A/N: Okay, I swear I'm stirring out of the main plot once again. I don't know if this is a bit tense but to be honest, I was kind of laughing while they were having their little drama. I was thinking of angst but heh, I read that misunderstandings are cliche and that really stabbed me in the heart so I cleared it up for you guys!