Chapter 11

"A-Alfred, this is quite uncomfortable."

"Oh, I'm sorry, maybe we should just change your position."

"Yeah, that'll be pleasant. My back aches a little to be honest and I think my legs are asleep now,"

"Sorry for that," Alfred said as he gently grabbed Arthur's hand. "Come here and just wrap your arms around my neck,"

The Brit made a choking sound at the back of his throat but he obliged anyhow at the other's request.

"Good," Alfred murmured as he wrapped his own on his waist. "I'll just carry you towards the couch so don't squirm, 'kay?"

Arthur was about to argue and tell him he could do it on his own but he wasn't able to spit out a word when he felt himself being lifted. He unconsciously writhed a little but he tightened his grip anyway. "I can actually do it, you know?" He grumbled under his breath.

"I didn't say you can't," Alfred answered back and he cringed when Arthur hit his toned chest with his balled up fist. "But I insisted so yeah,"

The American carefully placed him on the couch and he sighed a little when Arthur's warmth slowly dissipate. "See, you were so eager that you just posed then and there without thinking that you're going to stay like that for the next hours."

The Britton puffed his slightly tainted cheeks and he looked away from Alfred's view. "Whatever," He murmured bitterly. "I know it's my fault,"

Alfred's smile slowly dropped and he turned his head away, feigning hurt and disappointment. "How rude," He pouted and spoke loudly. "I didn't even received any sorry nor apology, doesn't anyone know that I had already drew half of him?"

Arthur bit his lower lip to stop himself from cursing. Well, he admits that he's reckless in regarding this matter but the only reason was Alfred himself. He wanted the man to paint him as soon as possible so that he could submit his work and avoid being replaced. He wanted him to have his job because he's definitely worth it. Wait, how many times did Arthur said that?

"Aw, my hands are aching, what a bother." The blue eyed man interrupted his thought and shook the said part of his body. He plummeted down beside the Brit and continued to whine. "I swear the pain won't go until morning and I will not be able to sleep comfor- what the fuck are you doing?"

Alfred stopped mid-sentence when Arthur scooted closer to him and took his aching hand in between his own. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry." The dancer said as he pressed his fingertips on the other's skin, a wide scowl etched on his red face.

"You didn't answer my question," Alfred pointed out.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Arthur snapped and paused his actions. "I'm obviously massaging you,"

The bespectacled man kept his mouth shut and he only stared at him in astonishment.

"B-but it's not that I'm doing it because I pity you," The green eyed man said. "It's just that it's..." He trailed off when his tongue wasn't able to form another word and his cheeks automatically turned hotter. He just decided to continue kneading the other's palm.

Alfred wasn't really lying when he said that it was sore but he didn't really think that the other would take it seriously. He gaze at him for a while and his heart's pace quicken just by him doing absolutely nothing. He took notice of his features, from the way his enormous brows crease to the way his blonde lashes flutter when he blinks. Alfred didn't know what urged him to move but before he could make out what he was doing, his lips were already planted on the other's cheek.

"W-what the-" Arthur stammered as they pulled away at the same time. Did Alfred just kiss him?

He brought his fingers to the certain part of his face and he softly grazed it while settling his eyes on the floor. It was just a microsecond yet, the feeling of his lips lingered on his cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry," Alfred stuttered loudly as he hastily stuffed his shaking hands inside his pocket. "R-really, I was under a magical trance and it's actually normal s-so don't think that it was something. That was just a mere thank you." He added a laugh to lighten up the atmosphere but it only made it sound like he just obviously shitted and he's trying to deny it.

Arthur's heart banged repeatedly against his ribs that it vibrated all throughout his chest and his back. He stiffened for awhile and he deciphered that it would take so much time before he would regain his composure.

Bad news, Alfred is currently experiencing the same thing.

The atmosphere around them turned weighty and the only thing they could actually hear was the sound of their own heartbeats. They sat there in complete silence until Arthur noticed that the phone's been ringing in a jiffy and he, thankfully, snapped out of his daze.

"A-Aren't you going to answer that?" He asked him but kept his eyes transfixed on the floor.

Alfred quickly rose to his feet and he gave the other an awkward smile. "Oh, yes, yes." He said as he rubbed the nape of his neck. "I'll go get it,"

"Yeah," The Brit said and as the American's back disappeared around the corner, Arthur took his sweet time pushing back the tingling feeling pestering him for a while.

"Stupid dork," He muttered under his breath.