CHAPTER - 23

She looked confused but dint say anything. I know many things were roaming in her head.

A knock made us come out of our world.

" Mam you need to fresh up " a nurse says.

She nods going inside the bathroom.

The nurse goes in with her to help her and comes out after few minutes. She looks around and look at me.

" give her these when she comes out " she says handing me her clothes and leaves.

I wait for 15minutes and she doesn't come out.

I only have 30minutes left. What should I do? I wanna see her for one last time.

I knock and she peeps her head out and I hand over her clothes. Its been 5minutes.

" Shruthi " I knocked

" Shruthi "

" Shruthi I am coming inside " I say and open the door. She was standing infront of the mirror in loose pants. Her top was in her hands and she kept staring at herself. Not herself. But the burnt mark.

" Shruthi " I call and she snaps her head towards me.

She looks at me, horror clearly visible in her eyes. She hold her head in her hands and fall on her knees.

I bend down to her height and she pushes me away. Anger and pain flashing in her eyes. Tears flowing out.

" doctor " I say and run out

Doctor rushes inside and tried calming her.

I hold the door knob, before I open it someone opens it.

Arjun.

I hug him tightly and he rubs my back.

" Thankgod you are fine " I say hugging him.

" Arjun " Shruthi gasps.

I move aside and he gives me a small smile. He slowly limps and my heart breaks seeing him like this. Shruthi runs towards him and hug him tightly. He wraps his hand around her and try calming her down

" Its okay. Its okay. I am okay " he rubs her back.

She hiccups. And kept crying.

"There's a chance to get her voice back" doctor interrupt us.

" What " arjun immediately asks.

" You knew about that? " i ask and his silence gave me the answer

Shruthi dint even glance at me once.

" Fuck everyone " I say and before going out. I stop in my tracks and look back.

" Start the surgery " I say to the doctor and leave.

I ask the police officer to take me back.

How can I do this to her? Her? But any women! I do deserve to sit here.

* Shruthi's pov

Its been a week since the surgery, doctor asked me to only talk after a week.

I wokeup rubbing my eyes and there arjun was sitting with a flowers in his hands.

" you are awake "

" yes " I say and his eyes widens. He hugs me tightly and I hug him back. My top was soaking wet by his tears.

" I still couldn't find rahul shruthi " he says and I shift my eyes towards the window and stare at the empty spaces.

Doctor told me everything. I know he was guilty. I still don't blame him why?

After everything he have done. He was drunk. I know.

I couldn't tell arjun the things he done to me. Now they only have each other.

Its been two days. I came back and I still don't know what to do.
My family have no idea what happened. They still have no idea that advik is dead. I dont know how mom is going to take it.

I did all my morning chores. I wantedly made arjun go out because I had few important things to do today.

I take my car keys and head out. I visited Rahul's dad. He had called me saying that he really loves his son and wants him out.

I wanted it too. I know he's guilty and its enough for now.

" I am here to give bail to Rahul Singhania " I say in a low voice.

Rahul's dad talked with the officer and completed the formalities.

I've been sitting there silently and he walks out. He glances at me looked at me confused. His head snapped towards his dad and his jaw clenches

" So it was you " he says anger radiating in his eyes.

" It was me " I say standing up and going towards the officers table

He looks shocked.

" Your voice " he whispers. Tears roll down his cheeks but he quickly wipes it

" I am going back inside " he said to the police officer.

" Shutup " I yell and he looks back

" Shruthi. I deserve it. " he whispered not looking into my eyes.

I sign his bail papers.

" I fucking raped you " he says and everyones looks at him. I closed my eyes not trying to remember those memories. I open my eyes and look at the officer infront of me who was tired of this drama.

" We were in a relationship sir, and it was mutual and as a victim I have all rights to give him a bail " I say taking my purse and walking out.

He tried saying something but I hear the officer yelling behind.

" Shutup and get out. Sir please take your son "

I sit inside my car and take a last glance towards the police station. He was standing out and looking at me.

I made my way towards my other destination

" Sir " I say and he turn backs to me

" Oh my god you are fine " he hugs me and I hug him back.

" I'm so glad meeting you again raghu ram sir " I say and wipe my tears.

" I am happy too child. I couldn't believe when the government gave you justice. You know it was not your fault right? " he gives me a small smile.

" it was my fault sir " I whisper.

" What would a human do shruthi " he asks.

" I thought to meet you after that news but Rahul said he will take care of you after everything happened so I gave both you space " he said and I go numb.

" when did government free me ? " I ask

" When Rahul took you with him " he says and tears spill out of my eyes.

It was his revenge. How dare he?
I HATE HIM.

" I have a news for you shruthi " he smiles and I raise my eyebrows

" You can have your job back" my eyes widened in shock and I dint know what to say.

" Arjun can get his back too? " I say with excitement in my eyes.

He sighed nodding his head as no.

" he has been permanently removed " he says and I felt really really guilty. He lost his job because of me.

I came back into my room. I went directly into the washroom and took a hot shower.

I step outside and it was really dark. I clutch my towel and walk out.

I see a dark figure leaning on the wall near my bed.

I focus my eyes and my eyes widened.

" What are you doing here "