CHAPTER - 24

My breath hitched remembering all the past memories of him. Is he back to hurt me? Will he hurt me again? Many thoughts were roaming in my head.

He walks towards me. Not a word from his mouth. I could slowly start seeing his figure as he walk by.

He kept walking and when his eyes met mine, my heart beat increased.

" Rahul " I released a long breath.

He just walks and traps me between the table and him. We were very close. I was completely paralyzed to move. My chest heaving up and down.

His eyes flashed so many emotions.

He raised his hand and I suddenly flinch. He looked horrified and a just closed my eyes taking long breathes.

His hand was stopped in mid air. He collects himself and cups my face wiping my tear away. I open my eyes and when I saw him. More tears slip out of my eyes.

" Repeat it again " he finally breaks the silence

I look at him in confusion.

" My name " he says and start caressing my cheek.

Anger rushes through my viens and I push him hard. He just stepped back as he expected me to do that.

" I hate you " I say clenching my jaw.

" Feelings are mutual " he suddenly says and I go numb. Is he still blaming me for his death? After everything he have done?

He shuts his eyes for a moment. I just stare at him and clutch my towel.

He seriously have some bad issues and I can never trust him again.

He opens his eyes back and take a deep breath. He looked at my body and then me.

" I am not touching you shruthi, you can relax " he says.

The cold wind from the balcony hit my skin and shivers run down my spine.

" why are you here " I ask silently.

" Why would you let me out for everything I have done " he asks walking closer.

My heart again started beating fast.

" Stay away please " I say keeping my shaking on hand on his chest.

From when have I become this weak?

" I need to talk " he says

" There's nothing to talk " I screamed tears sliding down my eyes.

" I know you you are just here to tell me things that I don't want to listen so get out " I said.

" shh " he says keeping his finger on my lips. My breath slightly froze. I stare into his eyes which was staring deep into my soul.

" Don't scream. You just got better " he says genuinely concerned.

I slap his hand off my lips " why do you care " I ask.

" Because I dont know " he screams and I flinch.

" Get dressed " he says and he leaves banging the door behind. I just stare at the close door.

What does he want now?

I wipe my tears and dress up. I walk out and whole house is completely empty.

I walk out of the house to check if he's gone.

I saw him standing near the garden.

The cold wind hits my skin and I shiver. A thunderstorm bought me back into this world and I walk towards him.

I will stay strong! I said this to myself.

He turns back sensing my presence. I just kept quiet waiting for him to talk.

He just stares me. His eyes were red.
Was he crying? Suddenly tears slip out of his eyes and dint stop. He falls on his knees

" I just cant do this anymore shruthi "

My eyes teared up seeing him like this.

" hey " I walk closer to him and sat on my knees.
I fucking have no idea why I am doing this.

" Dont cry "

" Please " I say cupping his face. His eyes met mine and I wipe his tears away before hugging him.

He pulls me closer. We stayed there for 5minutes in the same position.

" I.. am.. sorry " his voice completely breaks.

I pull away to look at him. His eyes never meeting mine.

" I just don't know " he says

" I committed a unforgivable sin "

" I was never like this shruthi. Trust me I would never do that to you or any other women " he says

" Listen to me " I say

" Listen to me Rahul " I slightly raise my voice.

" Its fine. Close your eyes. Control your breathing " I say and he does as I say. I rub his back trying to calm down.

After few minutes he opens his eyes.
He wipes my tears and I close my eyes
His hand still on my cheek.

Our lips were just inch apart.

" Shruthi " he whispers. I just couldn't feel my heart.

I feel a arm wrap around my waist and he pulled me into his lap. I gasp and he presses his lips on mine. His kiss was soft and gentle. My hands automatically went behind his neck and I kiss him back. We both pulled off when we went breathless. His forehead pressed to mine

" I forgive you " I say

" Please let's forget everything " I say cupping his cheek.

And his eyes shot up to mine. A another thunderstorm made me flinch and his grip on my waist painfully tightened.

Rain started pouring down heavily, he dint speak a word.

" But I don't " he says pushing me put of his lap.

" Everytime. Everytime I see those eyes. I only remember the killer of my bestfriend. One decision of yours is making everyone suffer "

He stands up. I was just staring at him in disbelief as rain kept pouring down at both of us.

" This is the end of us " he says

" There can never be us shruthi. I said never. From this second I dont know who you are. Its better for us " he says

" Dont say that " I whisper

Tears blur my vision and my lungs seize

" Good bye shruthi " he says walking away from me.

" I HATE YOU " I scream so hard and I started coughing because of the amount of pressure I used on my throat.

He looks back. His eyes flashed concern but immediately it turned back into dark.

" As I said feelings are mutual " he says and walk out never looking back.

I sat there under the rain crying my heart out.

How could I be this dumb?