Chapter 18

The rain is clattering against the windows loudly. We were planning to spend our day outside, going to a park or something but with this weather we decided to stay inside instead. This morning it started storming, the wind blowing through the streets, taking the rain along with it. Luckily I didn't have any classes today so I didn't have to go outside at all. Luca took an Uber to get here so he managed to stay relatively dry, having to walk just a few meters to my door.

Since we still have the entire afternoon and evening to fill inside my tiny flat we decided to play some games instead of going straight to Netflix. We're on our third game of Uno. So far we've both won a game each and for a minute it looked like Luca was going to win but I hit him with a +4 card and take the win myself.

"Alright, you win again. What's next?"

"We don't really have other games, so Netflix?"

"Before we do that, I have something I wanted to say. After you left on Sunday I was talking with Adrina and she brought something up that I think we should talk about. It's nothing bad, well it doesn't have to be."

"Sure, what's on your mind?" Luca may think I look perfectly calm but my mind is all over the place right now. It can't be too bad since he talked with Adrina about it already.

"Well, you know that I'm an actor and all and that every picture that's taken of me ends up somewhere online." Oh, I know. I've seen them all probably. "I know we talked about not telling our friends we were hanging out yet but we can't keep this from them forever so I think we should talk about what happens if we do want to tell them."

"My friends will probably want to get to know you and they will be very excited but I'm sure that if I ask them not to tell anyone they won't."

"Honestly that's not even what I'm worried about. But I know my friends and they will post pictures on Instagram without thinking twice, it wouldn't be the first time those pictures end up all over the internet. I guess I just want you to know what a shitstorm of media will be all over you once people find out I'm hanging out with someone."

"I think I get what you're saying. I have seen plenty of fan accounts stalking all of your friends to get more pictures of you."

"We've been hanging out a lot and I really like spending time with you but the chances of someone seeing us together are just getting higher and higher and I want you to be aware of the risk that brings for you. Online they don't care if we're just friends or if we're dating or whatever, they will dig through all your information, you might even get a lot of negative messages and comments. I just want you to know that. Plenty of my friends and even Adrina get hate messages just because they are close to me. If all that is too much for you and you want to pause whatever is going on between us, I understand. I just thought you should know."

"I'm glad you told me, I kind of expected it to be like that. But for now, let's just go on with the way things are. I wouldn't be happy about my face being all over social media but if that's what it takes to spend time with you, so be it."

"If it ever gets too much, just talk to me, baby. I was used to being in the spotlight because of my parents and I gradually fell into all the publicity. I just don't want you to regret knowing me."

"I will never regret my time with you, Luca. I'll find a way to deal with it if it comes down to it."

Does the idea of being in the media as Luca's friend or girlfriend give me an anxiety attack, yes. Will I give up hanging out with Luca because of it, hell no.

"With that out of the way we can watch some Netflix if you want."

He tells me to pick whatever I want to watch, I guess he didn't consider that would be the Pride and Prejudice movie. Although he doesn't seem to care that much. I'm sitting cross-legged, a pillow in my lap and a takeaway coffee in my hand. For the first half of the movie, my eyes don't leave the TV screen. Luca shifting next to me draws my attention away from the screen.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, you're just staring at me."

"I can't help it, darling. You're just too pretty, being all in your vibe. Go on a date with me on Friday?" His voice so soft, his eyes hopeful. I can just see the thoughts racing through his head by looking into his eyes. I don't trust my voice so I softly nod my head. It's enough for Luca to relax, feeling the tension easing from his body.

"Come here, baby."

I slide over to Luca, his arms sneaking around me holding me close. For the remainder of the movie I'm barely paying any attention to the plot. I have seen it a million times already so I know exactly what happens but this time I'm too focused on Luca's body next to mine. The feeling of his fingers going through my hair, the warm touch of his skin against mine. I could fall asleep within a minute, feeling nothing but happiness.