Chapter 24

Luca

The sun is about to set when Skylar and I walk to Ashton's place. Ashton's parents are loaded and built a cabin in the back of their garden for Ashton. None of us ever complained because they gave us the perfect hangout spot. When all of us guys are together, we're with fourteen. Add some girls to the party and you can imagine most parents not being happy when we take over their living room.

Most of the guys are already here when we walk in. I told them I was going to bring Skylar and I really hope they will behave, especially Ashton. I introduce Skylar to everyone before getting us some drinks. I hand her a beer and we settle on one of the couches.

"We also have soft drinks in the fridge." Callum tries to be nice and helpful, but he has no idea that Skylar can probably drink more beer than he can.

"Beer is good." I can sense Skylar being a bit uncomfortable. Most of the girls here are either on their way to being completely wasted or trying to hook up with someone. Some of them dressed in fewer clothes than would be appropriate for at the beach. I move a little closer to Skylar and put my hand on her thigh. Luckily Julian spots us and comes over to sit with us. Julian is a very easy-going person and he gets along great with Skylar. I've known him since we were six and he moved into my street. We've been friends ever since. He's the only one of my friends who knows everything about me and he's also the one who I first told about Skylar. I never liked talking about my feelings, but whenever I want to get something off my chest, Julian is there for me. So obviously, only a few hours after running into Skylar I told him everything. How beautiful she is, how she talks about books so enthusiastically, how she was the first girl in a long time who didn't treat me like a celebrity even though she clearly knew who I was. That day seems so long ago already, but on the other hand, it feels just like yesterday.

Julian and Skylar talk about football and soon some of the other guys talk along with them, clearly impressed with Skylar's knowledge about it all. I take this opportunity to grab us some more beers. In the kitchen, I run into Ashton,

"She does know how to get guys interested in her. I would worry if I were you."

"I have no reason to worry. And just because she knows more about football than you do, gives you no reason to act like a cranky bitch." With that I walk back into the living room, only to find Ezra sitting on my spot on the couch, dangerously close to Skylar. Call it jealousy if you like, but whatever it is, it makes me furious. I want to kick him as far away from her as possible. She's doing a great job at ignoring him, but from across the room I can feel her discomfort. I quickly make my way to the couch and hand Skylar her beer, hoping that Ezra will get the hint. Unfortunately, Ezra will hit on any breathing woman and clearly isn't very good at hints.

"Come on man, get away from my girl." I can see some of the guys staring at me for calling Skylar, my girl. Skylar only blushes, barely visible in the dark room, but still enough for me to see.

"Don't get all jealous man. I'm just chatting with her."

"To me, it looks more like hitting on her."

"She doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so why make a fuss." I see Skylar's face changing, making her look somewhere between surprised and pissed. Her eyes narrow more and more and her lips are pressed together. She looks at me, almost as if asking for permission. I know there is no need for me to say anything else, she will take it from here.

"First of all, I'm sitting right here, so don't talk about me like I'm not. Secondly, I don't like you sitting this close to me, but you seem not capable of getting the hint. It would be highly appreciated if you get your sorry ass away from me." With sarcasm in her voice and fire in her eyes, I would be scared to death if it were me she was talking to. I don't know whether Ezra is paralysed by fear or just incredibly stupid, but he doesn't move a bit. With the fire still in Skylar's eyes, I don't feel the need to intervene. And I'm proven right because she can absolutely take care of her own.

"I would get moving, because if he doesn't kick your ass," She says pointing her head at me, "I most certainly will. And I promise you, you won't forget about me for an awfully long time." This apparently scares Ezra enough to move to the other side of the room. The situation only gets funnier when Julian slides in next to Skylar and compliments her on her looks.

"So, he is allowed near her?"

"Did you miss the memo that I bat for the other team? I'm obviously not trying to hit on her, no offence to you honey." He looks at Skylar but she doesn't seem to be bothered by his comment. Soon enough the rest of the guys notice that the show is over and they pick up their own conversations again.

I take a seat next to Skylar again, throwing my arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. Looking at those piercing blue eyes, I can only think of one thing.

"You looked so incredibly hot just now." Another blush makes its way to Skylar's cheeks. "You have no idea what kind of ideas you just put into my head, baby." She takes a swig of her beer, trying to hide her face long enough, but I can see her cheeks turning bright red. I love how much I can affect her with just a few words. She just has no idea what kind of effect she has on me. All it takes is to look into those beautiful eyes and I can feel the bulge in my pants twitching.