Chapter 30

Introducing Luca to the girls is a bit nerve-wracking. I know for a fact that they know who he is, we watched Unexpected Love together once a long time ago. Ever since I told them about me dating someone they have been digging for information about him. They have been trying to find out more about Luca, or Shane as they think his name is, for the past two months. Somehow they haven't managed to find out more about him and they do not like that at all.

I really enjoyed having Luca to myself these past weeks. Somehow our relationship felt so much more special and intimate because no one else knew about us. No friends asking billions of questions, no parents that want to meet your boyfriend. Just him and me. I already have to share him with the seven million followers he has on Instagram.

I already met Ashton, Julian and Finn four weeks ago and most of Luca's other friends two weeks ago. So far none of my friends know, well not for that much longer. I don't know how I'm going to tell Abby yet. I don't want to tell her on the phone but I won't be seeing her for at least another few weeks. So my only options are waiting until we finally see her or a phone call will have to do.

Now is finally the time Madison and Tess will get all the information. Since I don't want to cause a scene in the restaurant I told the girls to meet us at my place. I just buzzed them into the building and they will be in my room any second now. I'm pacing my room, Luca sitting on my bed rubbing his hands on his thighs. We're both nervous, Luca because he's afraid they won't like him, me because I'm afraid of how they are going to react to Luca and to me keeping Luca a secret for so long.

"We're here birthday girl!"

"Madison! Tess!"

"So where's McDreamy?"

I point to my bed, they step into the room so they can see and then they stop, their expressions the exact same. Large eyes, their mouths open in an 'o'.

"Hey, I'm Luca."

"I... I know ehm... I know who you are."

"You... Wait, you..."

That's a first. I have never seen Madison speechless. But Luca did it. He got two of my best friends to lose all their words. So for nothing bad has happened so I guess everything is going well.

"Wait, Sky, didn't you say your man's name was Shane?"

"I did say that, Luca?"

"My full name is Luca Shane Bianchi. So Shane is my name, just not my first one."

"Okay, we need all the facts now, Skylar. My mind has too many questions and it's spiralling out of control."

Luca and I update the story they already know. I have told them most of the things like how we met and our first two dates. We don't tell them every single detail. They don't need to know about Luca's family or the stuff we talked about.

We leave the rest of the conversation for at the restaurant but I don't doubt we'll run out of conversation any time soon. Madison has tons of questions and even Tess is rambling on and on.

---|---

"Your friends are intense."

"I know, so were yours."

"I didn't even realise how intense meeting someone else's friends was until tonight. I'm so sorry I put you through that with my friends, especially those dipshits I call friends."

"The good thing is once you get to know them, it's all good and you just gain a bunch of friends."

"Well, I'm glad you see it that way."

"Now all that's left is my best friend Abby and Noah since you talked to my Hailey already."

"Your best friends I may be able to handle, but your brother I'm not sure about."

"Oh come on, big guy. He'll just threaten you for a few minutes and then you can talk about football together."

"Yeah that can be but I have a little sister and I know how protective I am of her so I can imagine how that conversation is going to go and I am not ready to lose my balls thank you very much."

It's funny to see a confident guy like Luca be afraid of someone he has never met before. Honestly, I never thought of Noah as someone to ever be afraid of. He is the best big brother a girl can dream of, he taught me to play table football and every single rule of football, he dried my tears when I was upset, he makes me laugh like no one else, gives the best hugs and always makes me feel safe. I guess all of that comes with the over-protectiveness. I don't think he will give Luca too much trouble, but I know he will give Luca the 'if you hurt her' speech.

"Did you have a nice birthday?"

"The best. Thank you for everything Luca, you really gave me the best day I could have asked for."

"For you everything, baby. Nothing is too much as long as it puts a smile on your face."

"I don't think this smile will ever fade."

"Good because you look dazzling when you smile."