Chapter 26

Picture above from dirtybootsandmessyhair on Instagram 

I wake up with the worst headache. Luca and I are still in the same position we fell asleep in last night. Our bodies are completely wrapped around each other, our legs tangled together. The sun is shining in through the window, filling the room with warmth. My hair is sticking to my forehead and I can feel the makeup stains under my eyes. Luca is still fast asleep and I don't want to wake him up yet, so I stay where I am for now. I don't have to stay quiet for long as Miles and Finn come barging into the room soon after I woke up.

"Are you decent?"

"You know you can better ask that before storming into the room, right?" Miles doesn't appreciate my snappy comment and turns around to leave. Let's just say neither Luca nor I are morning people.

"Oh, look at you two! You are the cutest!" After another case of heart eyes from Finn, he leaves as well. To my surprise, Luca is still asleep. Wow, he really is a deep sleeper. I gently get out of the bed and make my way to the bathroom. I indeed have mascara smeared under my eyes. I really want to take a shower, but since I don't have any clean clothes with me, I decide to just wash my face for now. When I finally have all my makeup removed, I head to the kitchen. Finn and Julian are already sitting at the kitchen counter drinking coffee. Both of them looking just as refreshed as I do. I guess we're all dealing with a nice hangover this morning.

"Coffee?"

"Yes, please." I know coffee may not be the best hangover cure, but right now it's all I want. Hopefully, it will wake me up a bit. To stop my rumbling stomach, I get some yoghurt and fruit and I sit down next to Julian.

"So, you were either awfully quiet last night or we just passed out right away." I look at Finn not really sure what he means.

"If you think we had sex last night, we didn't." This time Finn is the one looking embarrassed, I guess he wasn't expecting me to be so open about it. Luckily, he drops the subject without asking more questions, saving us both a very awkward conversation. After he finishes his breakfast he heads out of the door, saying he should get home. Most of the guys went home already it seems.

"So, how are things going between you and Luca?"

"Ehm... Good, I think. He got me tickets to see the Spurs in a few weeks."

"So, that's the secret project he has been working on for the past few days." I look at Julian for some more details. "He has been working on something for a while, but he wouldn't tell any of us what it was. Not even me. He usually tells me everything."

"You mean really everything?"

"Basically. We've known each other so long that it's hard to keep something from each other. I knew about you just a few hours after you met him, he told me about your first kiss, the dates you went on. Let's just say that Finn would go crazy if he knew all the details I know." The idea of Finn knowing all the details puts a smile on my face. He would have a fieldtrip out of it. Which also makes it kind of scary.

"I believe he has our future all planned out."

"Oh, he has. Yesterday he suddenly starts telling me about how your kids would look like. Finn is no fun drunk when he's shipping a couple, as he likes to call it."

"I can only imagine..." I continue eating my breakfast, not bothered by the silence between us.

"You really changed him, you know."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing bad, don't worry." Julian seems to be looking for the right words. "He seems happier ever since he met you. You're really good for him."