Chapter 37

Luca

I'm sitting in the tube with Sky and I'm freaking out. I didn't want her to meet my family before because I was afraid of how they would react. She met Adrina before we even started dating, but her response isn't the one I was scared of. She met my dad before, totally not planned, but that didn't last longer than a few minutes. Dad was surprised, not about Sky, but about me having a girlfriend. I never showed much interest in being in a serious relationship, but everything changed when I met her. Mum still has no idea I'm dating Sky. Mum is a perfectionist who wants everything her way. Judging from the type of girls she tried to set me up with in the past, she definitely won't like Sky. Mum likes girls from wealthy families, those that get talked about in magazines, preferably in the fashion industry. Most of the girls mum has tried to set me up with were the farthest from someone I would want to spend my time with as you can get.

We're almost at my aunt Valerie's house. Besides Adrina, Valerie's opinion matters most to me. Whenever my parents were away for work, she was there for Adrina and me. Valerie is nine years younger than mum, she was only 16 when mum had me. Even though she was still super young, she stepped up to take care of us whenever necessary.

2 years ago, she had a son, Aiden. Her husband was still in the military and was sent out on his last mission when Aiden was one and a half, unfortunately, Zach never returned from that mission. Valerie was devastated. Suddenly she was left alone with her son in their huge house. She spent a lot of time at our house back then. Adrina and I took care of Aiden a lot, giving Valerie the time to mourn her husband's death.

Valerie has the same, excellent business instinct as my mum has. Before Aiden was born, she built up an amazing business, making her earn a fortune if I have to believe the stories my parents and grandparents tell. Judging from her house and the car she drives; I have to believe the stories to be true.

"Don't stress, Luca. I'm sure I will love Valerie and Aiden."

"They will definitely love you, but I've never shown anyone this part of myself and it's freaking scary."

"No matter what happens, I won't love you any less for it."

My head instantly turns towards Sky. Did she just say love? Does that mean she loves me? I know I love her; I've known for a while but I've been too scared to tell her. But now she says it to me. Did she mean to say it? Does she even mean love? Or does she mean like instead of love? I'm going absolutely crazy. I was never one to overthink much, but right now my brain is going into overdrive.

"You look like you're going to faint any minute. Is this because I said I loved you? Because if it's too early, I'm sorry. It just sort of came out. God, now I freaked you out. Why can I never act normal..."

"But I love that you're not normal, you're special Sky. That's why I love you." Now her brain seems to go into overdrive instead of mine. A smirk grows on my face once she realises what I just said. Her face lights up, a huge smile forming and her eyes twinkling. All I want to do right now is kiss her. Actually, I want to do a whole lot more with her, but I don't know if Sky's ready for that yet. Sky's eyes are drifting from my eyes to my lips and back. I softly press a kiss to her forehead and she puts her head on my shoulder while holding my hand in hers. Her hands seem so small when they try to cover mine. For now, this will have to do, but I can't wait till we finally get out of this place, so I can have a few minutes with Sky before going to Valerie's place.

"What took you so long? You were supposed to be here almost half an hour ago." Sky and I kind of forgot the time after I pulled her into a park on our way to Valerie's house. Hiding under a big oak, we kissed until neither of us had any breath left. My lips still feel swollen and her cheeks are still tinted pink.

"Oh, I didn't notice. Must have taken a little longer than expected."

"You don't fool me, Luca. You've come here so many times that you can exactly tell me how many stops and how much time the trip takes you. And judging from your flushed faces, you have been doing other things than being on the tube. Now, let me get to know this lovely girl you've brought while you go take care of that." She nods her head at me, pointing towards my crotch. I look down and I see a bulge in my jeans. Fuck. I quickly rush to the bathroom without saying a word. I didn't even notice getting a hardon, I guess I got used to it. I don't think I will ever not be aroused when I'm around Sky. Just thinking about her can get the job done for me, let alone when we're making out and she straddles my lap, rubbing her ass right over my crotch. I lost count on how many cold showers I already took since meeting her.

I hope Sky isn't too embarrassed about it and is doing okay being alone with Valerie. I know Valerie is a tough one, she's the one that fed my teenage mind with her dark and dirty humour, much to my mum's dislike. Now I just have to hope she doesn't rub off on Skylar.

When I walk back to the living room, I can hear Valerie and Skylar laughing. Valerie has tears rolling down her cheeks and Sky seems to be struggling to control her breathing.

"Could you get Aiden out of bed? Then I can tell Skylar some more stories."

"I wish I knew you when you were a kid, Luca. The stories are hilarious."

I don't see the fun in joining them in discussing every stupid thing I did as a kid, and there were a lot I can tell you. I make my way upstairs to find Aiden standing in his crib, trying to find a way to get out on his own.

"Hey, buddy! Your favourite cousin is here."

"Luca!! Where mummy?"

"Mummy is busy, sweets. She is getting to know my girlfriend. Isn't that exciting?" He claps his little hands as if he's just as happy to see Sky as I am every time.

"Yeah! Let's get you dressed." I walk to his closet and pick the Spurs jersey I got him last Christmas. Valerie tried to hide it by putting it at the back of the closet, but she can't fool me. Since his dad isn't around to teach him about football, I took that task on me. It isn't like Valerie will tell him anything about it, she hates sports just as much as mum.

"We play ball?"

"Sure, buddy. Let's get outside and we can play football." Aiden is way too young to actually play football but he really enjoys kicking and running after the ball. "You can also meet Skylar. You'll love her. She also likes football." I know the kid probably has no idea what I'm talking about, but he smiles and claps his tiny hands again. Give this kid a football and he's happy.

I take Aiden with me to the backyard where Valerie and Sky are in a lively discussion. He insisted on carrying his own cup, which after walking from the kitchen to the yard only has half the contents left in it.

"Give your cup to mummy and we can go play football." Aiden doesn't need to be told twice. He hands his cup to Valerie and runs towards the ball.

We run after the ball for what feels like forever, Sky even joins us at some point. Valerie takes pictures all afternoon. I'm glad Skylar brought her new camera because these are definitely some memories I want to remember forever. The smile on Aiden's face as he played with Skylar. The look on Skylar's face as I helped Aiden eat his dinner. Everything about this afternoon was simply amazing.