Chapter 49

Getting on the plane I was nervous to see Luca again. Now, I am about to get off the plane and I know Luca will be waiting for me. At this point, I'm way more excited than nervous. Being with Luca is so familiar, being with him feels like home. I haven't seen him in so long and now I can finally hug him again. I can finally look him in the eye when we talk again.

The past two days have been crazy. It all started when Finn and Julian showed up at the library and took me, Madison and Tess shopping. Until we entered the store, I had no idea what was going on. Seeing all the fancy dresses, I knew something was up. Fortunately, they quickly filled me in on the details. Tonight there is an important event Luca had to attend. A red carpet for his mother's launch to be exact. Just the idea of Luca wanting me here so much he flew me across the Atlantic means a lot to me. I'm really glad I finished my courses in time to be here.

I know Luca is used to events like this, but for me it's nerve-wracking. I never realised that now our relationship is public, I would be attending events like this. Luckily, I have Luca with me to guide me through the whole experience. I just hope he won't leave me on my own, even if it's for just a few seconds.

It's early in the morning and the event is tonight already. Since we need quite some time to prepare, that doesn't leave much time for us to catch up. We'll have to spend our taxi ride to the hotel catching up with the things that have happened in the past weeks. We both know that once we close that hotel door behind us, there won't be any time for talking and before we know it we'll both be getting styled and dressed.

Luca is the first thing I see when I walk out of baggage claim. He's holding a sign with my name on it, a huge grin on his face. I run into his arms, throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. Damn it has been so long since we've done this.

"I missed you so much, baby."

"I missed you too, I can't believe I'm really here."

"We're going to have an amazing time. I can't wait to show you the city."

"First I want to be with you, just you. No one else around."

"That can be arranged, baby. Let's go."

He takes my suitcase and we walk out of the airport, straight to the taxi. I feel like this is going to be an amazing trip.

---|---

I have been sitting in the most uncomfortable chair for hours already. I expected a hotel like this to have decent chairs, but I was wrong. A woman has been pulling my hair for what feels like hours. She put so many products in it that I think I'll have to wash it at least seven times before it can move again. The same goes for makeup. It still looks kind of natural, but I know how many different creams and powders have been applied. I honestly didn't know there were that many different products to put on a human being.

It's almost time to go, so I make my way back to the main room to grab my phone and clutch. I'm excited to see Luca in his suit. I've seen pictures of him all dressed up, but I've never actually seen him in a suit. I know he'll look handsome as ever. No matter what he wears, he'll always be the best looking guy in the room to me. While I wait for Luca to come back, I text my friends back in London. All of them are together at Ashton's place to watch the event live. After we all went shopping together, we made a WhatsApp group with all of us. I must say, it may be the best thing ever. Finn is being his hilarious self, like always and the bickering between Ashton and Madison is just too funny sometimes. I really love these people.

I hear a door open and I snap out of my daydreaming. Luca walks into the room in a black suit with a black dress shirt underneath. He looks so handsome, I cannot stop my mouth from falling open. Luca seems to have a similar reaction to me and honestly, if there weren't that many people in the room, I would have jumped him right in the middle of this room. He gives me a quick kiss and tells me I'm gorgeous with dilated eyes and a huge smile on his face. Both at a loss of words, we make it outside in silence. A car is already waiting to take us to the venue and I cannot help but wonder what this night is going to bring.