Chapter 14

I make my way to the laundry room on the ground floor to put my and Luca's clothes in the dryer. We were soaking wet by the time we got to the station and after getting off the train half an hour later, we still had to walk to my flat. Luckily, I buy most of my sweaters a size too big, so Luca can wear a sweater of mine. Finding a pair of trousers for him to wear was a bigger problem. I found a pair of joggers in the back of my closet that seemed large enough. I quickly changed into a pair of leggings and a hoodie in the bathroom before gathering our clothes and almost ran out of the room. Seeing Luca standing in my room as he pulls on my sweater makes my heart race so fast I run out of my room with the same speed. I am wearing my daily go-to outfit, but I didn't plan on wearing it in front of Luca. Well, here I am being my most charming self. And it is about to get even worse. We just ordered some burgers with chips and never in the past 19 years of my life have I eaten a burger without making a mess.

Back in my room, Luca is already scrolling through Netflix. He looks right at home sitting against the cushions on my bed.

"What about Harry Potter?"

"I've never watched it before."

"You're kidding, right? You've never read the books? Never seen any of the movies?" I shake my head. All these people love Harry Potter, but it never interested me enough to actually watch or read the series.

"Well, what about you show them to me? You could be the one to get me all hyped about it." Luca seems to like the idea and puts on the first movie. He is super excited and by the looks of it about to jump up and down on my bed.

Not much later our food gets delivered. I really have to stop ordering food this often. I will end up broke if I keep doing this. I should at least start going to the gym to make sure my health doesn't go down the drain along with my money.

"You want something to drink?" Luca nods, not taking his eyes off his food. "A beer?"

"Sure. Thanks, Sky." I walk to the kitchen coming back with two beers. I take a big gulp of beer and start eating my burger. God, I love food. Looking at Luca, I see he doesn't waste time. His burger is half gone by the time he takes his beer. I notice him looking at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

"No, you're good. I love it when a girl eats without holding back. And drinks beer like it's soda." I feel my cheeks heating up once again today.

"Actually, I probably drink beer faster than I would drink soda." Luca chuckles. "What? I can't help it..." Luca cuts me off before I can finish my sentence.

"Let me guess... Your dad raised you right?" I nod while taking another bite of my burger.

We finish our burgers and continue watching the first Harry Potter movie. By the time the movie is ending the sun is already making its way down the horizon.

"I love this time of the day..." The sky is turning all different shades of pink and orange as the sun is slowly setting. There are still some clouds left in the sky, but that makes the sunset even prettier. Sunsets are the best in summer, but they always have something magical about it. I remember a day last summer vacation, we were at the beach in Greece and I saw the most beautiful sunset, the colours of the sky reflecting in the ocean. That was a good holiday. The summer I got to know my best friend.

I don't even realise my thought are drifting away until Luca starts talking.

"I love it when it's getting dark enough to see the stars. It always reminds me that ."

"Wow... Are you quoting someone?"

"Nope. All me." I never expected Luca to be the philosophical type. I guess that there is still a lot to learn about him.

"Confucius could learn a lot from you." I try to hide a smile while Luca raises an eyebrow.

"Are you mocking me, Skylar?" I can no longer hold in my laugh and soon I feel a pillow hitting me on the back of my head.

"Hey!" He throws another pillow at me, this one hit me square in my face. "Oh, you're on!" I pick up two pillows and start hitting him wherever I can reach. We're having a pillow fight like we're 10-year olds. The only difference is that 10-year olds would probably have more energy than we do. We keep the pillow fight going for 10 minutes and then we drop down on my bed, both of us exhausted.

"That was the most fun I had in a long time. Thanks, Skylar."

"Anytime you want a pillow fight, you know where to find me." Luca chuckles and I can't keep a smile from forming my face. We just lay there. I don't know how long, but we just lay there, looking at the ceiling, our arms slightly touching. I don't think my pulse will go down anytime soon, at least not as long as Luca and I are this close. I'll just have to get used to my heart beating this fast because I have no intentions to let Luca go any time soon.