Chapter 48

After spending weeks in the library, today is officially our last day. Summer holiday, finally. I don't have any plans to do anything this summer, but no longer having to go to school is definitely worth a party. Tess, Madison and I have spent so much time in this library in the past weeks that I wonder if I'll ever want to come here again. I've just handed in my final assignment which means I won't have any deadlines or homework to worry about.

Tess and Madison have been talking about our plans for the afternoon all morning, but somehow, I still have no idea what the plan is. Neither of them will tell me anything, but who am I to lecture them on keeping secrets? I kept my relationship with Luca a secret long enough. I'm glad I told them about Luca two months ago, we drifted apart a little before I came clean to them because I barely talked about anything going on in my life. I'm really glad I got that back once I told them everything. I don't know what I would do without my friends.

Madison and Tess come over on Friday after finding out about the picture Luca posted. They ended up staying with me for a few nights, making it the longest sleepover party ever, of course with tons of ice cream and delivery meals.

Just when we're about to leave the library, there is a lot of noise from the hallway. Someone is definitely causing trouble.

"Please, just let us in. We're here to surprise a friend."

I recognise the voice right away and I can only imagine the puppy eyes Finn is making right now. I guess he isn't allowed into the study room because he isn't a UCL student. To avoid any further drama, I pull Madison and Tess with me out of the study room and into the hallway. I spot Finn right away, making dramatic hand gestures to the security guard. Julian is standing behind Finn, trying to distance himself from all the drama. I have no idea what Luca's friends are doing here, but I'm happy to see them again.

"Finn, Julian, what are you guys doing here?"

"Skylar! The mean man wouldn't let us in to surprise you."

"Stop pouting and come outside." All of us walk outside without saying a word. I really want to know what the guys are doing here, but they don't look like they are going to give an explanation any time soon. "So, is anyone going to tell me what's going on?" I notice that Tess and Madison act just as suspicious as the guys. They don't even know each other, so I have no idea what's happening.

"We'll explain while walking to the car. Ashton is waiting to give us a ride and I doubt he'll wait much longer." My eyebrows rise at hearing his name. Ashton is here as well? It's no secret that he isn't the biggest fan of mine. Now I really wonder what's going on.

I spot Ashton in a black minivan. It looks really odd to see a guy like Ashton in a car like this.

"Not a word about the car. It's mums and I had to take it because there is too many of you to fit in my own car."

"So, Skylar, you're probably wondering what we're doing at your university and where we are taking you."

"Finally! An explanation!"

"We're going shopping!"

It takes a lot of effort to not burst out laughing. Finn and shopping, sure. But there is no way Ashton and Julian would voluntarily go shopping with three girls. And Finn.

"I'm just the designated driver. I'll wait at the food court." Ashton explains. That makes sense, I can't imagine Ashton wandering around the women's section with us.

"I'm here to supervise Finn. And to make sure we actually buy what's on the list."

"And what may be on that list of yours, Julian?"

"You'll find out soon."

"And finally, I'm here for the best fashion advice you'll ever get."

"Hey! We've been perfectly able to bring some fashion sense into Skylar before you guys came along." Madison complains.

We finally reach a huge shopping centre at all of us get out of the car. Ashton immediately goes to the food court while we make our way to the shops. Since I have no idea what we're here for, I let the others lead the way. They stop outside a store with fancy dresses.

"We have a red carpet to get you ready for." Without giving me time to respond, the four of them go inside, leaving me astonished.

"I'm going to need a bit more information than that! What red carpet?"

"Since Luca found out you'd be done with uni this week he got you a ticket to fly to New York. There will be a red carpet event on Thursday and Luca is dying to have you with him again, so you're going."

Oh sure, as if my mind is focused on dress shopping now I know I'll be seeing Luca in two days.