Chapter 4

Ponyboy's POV
I wake up by hearing screaming in my ear and being shaken hard. "Ponyboy wake up!" Shouts Darry. "I think we are coming close to finding Lila!" He says and I instantly shot up from the covers of my bed. I then knew that Lila wasn't here with me. I really wish she was. she is my best friend and I love her. I can't lose her now,not after losing Johnny. I don't get dressed I stayed in what I had on from yesterday and u sprint out the door. All the guys are following me but in the truck well almost all of them are in the truck. Dallas was running with me. once we crossed over into the socs side we scattered looking for anything that could lead us to Lila.
Lila's POV
I woke up in a brighter room this time. my side,legs,arms,and face hurt. I was on the same chair. I look out the small window to my left and think of Ponyboy. I feel tears coming but I hold them in. I miss him,dally,darry, and all of the others. bob walks in breaking me from my thoughts. "when will I get out of here?" I asked looking down at the floor. "when your boyfriend finds you." bob replied. "I don't have a boyfriend." I say trying to hold tears in. "oh well then until what's his name,Ponyboy is it? Finds you." bob says with a smirk. I turn back to look at him.when I turn there is a gun right in my face and I feel sick to my stomach.
Pony boy's POV
I run Down the streets searching for any clues. Suddenly I hear 3 loud bangs almost like gun shots. then I hear a 4th shot and realize it's a gun. Darry,soda,two-bit, and dally come running towards me asking if I was alright. "I'm fine. I heard them in that direction." I say pointing at the yellow house with a blue mustang. we all run to that house which is about maybe a few houses away. as we get closer I hear a girl screaming that sounds familiar. Dallas sprints to the house like he knows something. I run to catch up to him and everyone is behind us. dally pulls his gun out right as he approached the house. I look through the window in front of the house and see a girl screaming with tears coming down her face. I realize it was Lila. I feel so happy but also scared. bob walks in the room with a gun pointed at her head. gunshots went off. just ten I felt sick. but bob fell to the ground. dally pulled the trigger and I run into the house. Bob gets up and tackles dally. I run past them and get to lila. "Ponyboy?!?" She says excited. her face is bloody with scars on it and tears running down her face. I hold in the tears. "yeah. it's me lila." I say untying the last knot. she try's to get up but can't do I help her and she hugs me tightly. "I was so scared." she says in a shaky voice. "I was to. I'm sorry I wasn't with you at the movie. this is all my fault. I was with tears coming down my face. we break out of the hug from Darry and the others running into the house. They are trying to get Bob off of Dallas or atleast trying to take away the gun. shots fired once and the room went silent. something wet dripped down my hand. Darry ,dallas, soda,and two-bit looked at me. I looked down and I couldn't believe what I saw.